Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 43 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

By the way, I've decided I am not going to chase a 2016 BQ this year.  If I don't BQ in my April marathon, then 2016 Boston is out.  The local fall marathon I want to run hits the 2017 qualifying window.  I have a list of races I want to do the second half of this year, and I don't want to miss some of those races in order to accommodate a September marathon.  Not worth it.  So there.

<3

LRB

...I think LRB wants to see those tracks too. 

I sure do!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Today is supposed to be a Rest day but i may or may not switch Saturday's 8 mile to today due to the race on Sunday. I'm still undecided. If so it will be on the tm because I too no likey cold rain running. Summer rain is OK. Not this crap that's falling.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It's Hump Day!!!!

No real noticeable soreness on this morning's run, and no loose dogs so it was all good... Rocky and I got 5.2 miles in before the gym. Still have about 2 miles to run with Dorian later this afternoon.

Was feeling a little dizzy/weird half way through, feeling better now that I ate. Focused on the back this morning.
          Wide Grip Lat Pull Down: 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 56.2lbsX12reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 66.2lbsX12reps
          Bent Over One Arm Dumbbell Row: 30lbsX12reps, 40lbsX8reps, 30lbsX12reps, 35lbsX12reps, 40lbsX10reps, 30lbsX15reps
          Rear Delt: 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX10reps, 40lbsX12reps, 50lbsX8reps, 40lbsX12reps, 50lbsX8reps
          Underhand Seated Cable Row: 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX10reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX10reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX10reps
          Parallel Grip Lat Pull Down: 60lbsX12reps, 56.2lbsX12reps, 60lbsX12reps, 56.2lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps
          Machine Pull Down: 70lbsX12reps, 80lbsX12reps, 75lbsX12reps, 80lbsX12reps, 75lbsX12reps, 90lbsX8reps
          Seated Cable Row: 60lbsX12reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 70lbsX8reps

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hello real runners (and any imaginary ones that might be lurking.)

Rick - you could make pew-pew laser sounds while on the new Buck Rodgers TMs and keep the workout room all to yourself, all the time.

George - jealous that you can take your car in for service so close by.

Lauren - good luck converting to mornings

Work - happy SRD

D - people from Washington sound dangerous.

Oski - You may be right.  A new ice age?

HCK - one is better than none

Baboon - good plan, have fun with that slow and flat

Zelanie - huh, weird.  At least you got to run outside on a track.

Lily - drink a coffee?

cjones - careful in the rain

Scotty - haha, at what temperature does cold and icky start in Texas?

Lori - more rest for the race would be my plan

Free - it's getting sort of hot in here...

It's a beautiful day off - for indoor chores.  Running at the gym later on will happen too.

Zelanie

It's more of a recreational jogging path around the soccer fields. The real track is expensive and meant to outshine the not quite as fancy one the Nike built for the U of O, so nobody gets to use that one unless they're actually on the track team. Still, the path has a good surface, water, and bathrooms. I wish they'd prune the prickly bushes near the first turn a little better.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hello real runners (and any imaginary ones that might be lurking.)

D - people from Washington sound dangerous.

I don't need to worry, but yes.  Very.

Damaris

LRB

I don't need to worry, but yes.  Very.

People from Washington are rarely from Washington.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

8 today. This gives me a rest day Saturday. Smile

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jay

Damaris OMG, the Flower child pants from InknBurn just came in and they are awesome!!!!!!

Of course I am not telling DH how much they were lol, he would kill me. They are so comfy and awesome and I have already gotten compliments about them and how real they look as jeans.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

8 today. This gives me a rest day Saturday. Smile

An all important rest day. 

LRB

I gotta taste for a bowl of fruit. 

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I did 4.5 through a wonderful little neighborhood down behind the hotel.  Getting there I had to run over into the grass a bunch of times (it is .6 from the hotel) and cars were flying down the road) but it was a pretty good run.  At least I didn't have to run the parking lot etc.

Marjorie

LRB

I did 4.5 through a wonderful little neighborhood down behind the hotel.  Getting there I had to run over into the grass a bunch of times (it is .6 from the hotel) and cars were flying down the road) but it was a pretty good run.  At least I didn't have to run the parking lot etc.

About last night, I hope you get the puppy. 

onemile

I gotta taste for a bowl of Sour Patch babies.