Beginners and Beyond

Mercy MonDAILIES (Read 37 times)

B-Plus

Scotty - Crazy! Road rage to the extreme.

Hi Code!

DavePNW

I was horribly slow yesterday... almost bagged the run before I even started due to feeling like I was going to throw up. Toughed it out anyway.. but good chance you left - I really dragged ass.

Not going to run Brooksie but I'll be at the event.  I got a buddy running it who's on Hanson's yellow team.  I got a guest wrist band for the team challenge tent. So I'll be there watching the finish and getting some food/beer afterwards.  I didn't see you in the pacer list.. does that mean you are running it for reals?

They have beer at the Brooksie? LRB talked me out of that one!  Actually he just pointed me toward the elevation map, and I talked myself out of it. I just did the Witch's Hat HM, which is at South Lyon HS, put on by their XC team. Apparently this is the 23rd annual, but the first time they added an HM to the usual 5k/10k. Very tiny - only 92 HM finishers. But got the job done.

Dave

LRB

I was horribly slow yesterday... almost bagged the run before I even started due to feeling like I was going to throw up. Toughed it out anyway.. but good chance you left - I really dragged ass.

Not going to run Brooksie but I'll be at the event.  I got a buddy running it who's on Hanson's yellow team.  I got a guest wrist band for the team challenge tent. So I'll be there watching the finish and getting some food/beer afterwards.  I didn't see you in the pacer list.. does that mean you are running it for reals?

Not for all the tea in China!  The uphills I can handle, but there is a downhill on Dutton Road though that has injury written all over it, for my fragile ass anyway.

Truth be told though I have a big training run that morning, huge.  I am really looking forward to that bad boy too!

LRB

This really shows how individual shoe preference really is. I found the DSTs to be too clunky and they could only be used for recovery days. I couldn't wait to use up the miles on those!

Yeah the DST is a great transition shoe for me between the Kayano and DS Racer, it's really smooth.

That could change obviously as I move forward but for now it works well as my daily trainer during the speed season and a part time interval trainer during MRT.

LRB

They have beer at the Brooksie? LRB talked me out of that one!  Actually he just pointed me toward the elevation map, and I talked myself out of it. I just did the Witch's Hat HM, which is at South Lyon HS, put on by their XC team. Apparently this is the 23rd annual, but the first time they added an HM to the usual 5k/10k. Very tiny - only 92 HM finishers. But got the job done.

The actual course is not all that bad in totally, there are some really fast downhill portions towards the end and the first six miles are downhill.

I had no problem zooming up those hills but there were a ton of people walking them.  You would not have an issue there either.

And right on queue, 30 seconds ago my run partner messaged me about a $45 transfer bib into the Brooksie.  Think I'm still going to pass. I PR'd that race last year, but it was a bear.

DavePNW

The actual course is not all that bad in totally, there are some really fast downhill portions towards the end and the first six miles are downhill.

I had no problem zooming up those hills but there were a ton of people walking them.  You would not have an issue there either.

I am a total wuss when it comes to hills. I still have nightmares about Ann Arbor, entering the Arboretum around mile 17...

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What are hills?

Scotty, that is fucking crazy!

Damaris

B-Plus

Yeah the DST is a great transition shoe for me between the Kayano and DS Racer, it's really smooth.

That could change obviously as I move forward but for now it works well as my daily trainer during the speed season and a part time interval trainer during MRT.

So do you think it will be your marathon shoe?

LRB

So do you think it will be your marathon shoe?

No the DS Racer is my race shoe of choice, for all distances.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have been coughing all fucking day which is a sign of another asthma bout.  Fuck my life.

But at least my LRS called to tell me the shoe I have been waiting for arrived.  Just what I need, more shoes.

Damaris

B-Plus

I have been coughing all fucking day which is a sign of another asthma bout.  Fuck my life.

But at least my LRS called to tell me the shoe I have been waiting for arrived.  Just what I need, more shoes.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Waiting for my Pilates class to start and I am watching my instructor doing those pullups with the chair with one leg and a lot of them.  I want to be her when I grow up.

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scotty the dogs don't go with me. Hammy with his back problems cannot go very far before he is exhausted. Quincy would go but then I'd have a panic stricken other dog as they can't be separated or it is mahiem. Other than going out in the back yard they need to know exactly where the other is at all times. They've had minor separations and it is really hard to distract and keep the other calm.

Marjorie

LRB

Waiting for my Pilates class to start and I am watching my instructor doing those pullups with the chair with one leg and a lot of them.  I want to be her when I grow up.

I wanna take her home to meet mom.