Beginners and Beyond

Time for Tuesdailies (Read 30 times)

onemile

Sure it was, but I wouldn't say it felt any more amazing than finally breaking 6:00 in the mile or 20:00 in the 5K. I just felt a lot more beaten up afterwards.

DaveP has never had a goal race that wasn't a marathon...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I agree with onemile.  I remember when I broke my 5K and 10K PRs and that feeling was bigger than when I PRd on the marathon.  And now more that I can never hit those shorter race paces anymore, they will stand as my best performances.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

6 miles and strength training.

ROS, I find that I get way more sore & achy 1 week of the month, usually backs of my legs, from ankle to ass. I've been trying some supplement ideas in the book ROAR, not sure I've seen any major difference in the muscle stuff.

Interesting. That’s actually a book I’ve wanted to read. Maybe I’ll check that out.

DavePNW

Sure it was, but I wouldn't say it felt any more amazing than finally breaking 6:00 in the mile or 20:00 in the 5K. I just felt a lot more beaten up afterwards.

OK, well different strokes. I was also happy to finally go sub-20 after a long time trying, but it it did not compare to the (extremely rare) feeling of marathon success. The greatest day of my running life is a toss-up between my marathon PR and Boston. Third place is the first marathon I (almost) even-splitted.

Dave

DavePNW

DaveP has never had a goal race that wasn't a marathon...

This is pretty much a true statement.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

OK, well different strokes. I was also happy to finally go sub-20 after a long time trying, but it it did not compare to the (extremely rare) feeling of marathon success. The greatest day of my running life is a toss-up between my marathon PR and Boston. Third place is the first marathon I (almost) even-splitted.

Worst marathon for me. Not time-wise, obviously, but I wasn't happy with my race at all. Having to live with that for years before being able to fix it? No thank you! Besides, it's hard to enjoy the fact that you just ran a successful race when you feel like you've been run over by a fleet of trucks.

Different strokes indeed.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

Worst marathon for me. Not time-wise, obviously, but I wasn't happy with my race at all. Having to live with that for years before being able to fix it? No thank you! Besides, it's hard to enjoy the fact that you just ran a successful race when you feel like you've been run over by a fleet of trucks.

Different strokes indeed.

I was also run over by a fleet of trucks at that race. The last 10 miles were a grueling battle, and the act of continuing to put one foot in front of the other for the last 4-5 miles was more of a struggle than in any marathon since my first. And I was more sore, for a longer time, than after any marathon since my first. Yet the overall Boston experience still put me on cloud 9.

Dave