Beginners and Beyond

Used Garmin? (Read 83 times)

slowrunningjulie

New post today for a 305 with a heart rate monitor. Eighteen months old, used approximately ten times about once a month, has been sitting unused for six months. $ 100. I am thinking this might be a better deal.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

slowrunningjulie

After looking into it and getting some feedback here and on FB, I think I have decided against used. I just don't trust the battery life. My birthday is next week and I am researching the 220 as a possibility. More than I initially wanted to spend, but this could be one of those situations where it is not smart to cheap out.

Upcoming:

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

My thoughts exactly and the 220 has gotten some really good reviews.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GARMIN-FORERUNNER-405-GPS-w-Heart-Rate-Monitor-ANT-Black-010-N0658-20-/310770404657?pt=GPS_Devices&hash=item485b5c0d31

You can get a 405 off Ebay for $100 and it is a factory reman unit.  That should b=mean it is factory rebuilt and basically like new.

Dad on the run.

Sorry for the delay. I would take 125 and that comes with a HRM. I never had any issues with the touch bezel I just wanted a new watch so I upgraded. Read the DC rainmaker reviews and decide for yourself. I think price per performance it's hard to beat.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

slowrunningjulie

Sorry for the delay. I would take 125 and that comes with a HRM. I never had any issues with the touch bezel I just wanted a new watch so I upgraded. Read the DC rainmaker reviews and decide for yourself. I think price per performance it's hard to beat.

Thanks, but I think I have decided to bite the bullet and buy the 220. Or at least drop very pointed hints to my husband that this is what I want for my birthday...

Upcoming:

Dad on the run.

Good choice. Very sexy watch Smile I will be buying that for my wife after the baby gets here!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

slowrunningjulie

Good choice. Very sexy watch Smile I will be buying that for my wife after the baby gets here!

I was joking about that with my husband last night. This will be the most expensive watch I have ever owned. I was teasing him about how I am into "jewelry" now. Oh, and of course, shoes.

Upcoming:

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I didn't joke when the question was posed, "What do you want for Christmas this year?"

Typically I am non-specific needing/ wanting nothing in particular.  However this past year, I made no bones about it.

LRB

This will be the most expensive watch I have ever owned.

Outside of one piece that I bought way back when times were good, that was the case for me as well.  Which is a trip because all I ever do is work my ass off, but almost never spend a dime on myself.

Back when I bought mine, Amazon had the best prices hands down, like it was not even close!  So be sure to keep an eye on that site as the day draw nearer.

TxDiverMom

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GARMIN-FORERUNNER-405-GPS-w-Heart-Rate-Monitor-ANT-Black-010-N0658-20-/310770404657?pt=GPS_Devices&hash=item485b5c0d31

You can get a 405 off Ebay for $100 and it is a factory reman unit.  That should b=mean it is factory rebuilt and basically like new.

I would advise against this even with it being a factory refurb.  I bought this exact thing off woot.com about a year ago and I had trouble with it.  I sent it back to Garmin and got a new one for $25 and then it only worked about a month.  What a waste of money!  I should have spent it on a new one.

However, I'm almost glad I didn't get a new one back then.  I did the 20% off deal on the runningwarehouse.com gift cards at Christmas and bought a brand new 220 for $200 (it's $250 and I got $250 in gift cards for $200 with the holiday sale).  I have used it the last month and it is FANTASTIC!  I can't say enough good about the 220.  When I'm running with friends, my 220 finds a signal so quickly compared to all of theirs unless they have a new 620 which is a 220 with more bell and whistles.  I'm glad I spent the extra on the 220!  It does a bit more than a 10/110 and it's super fast at finding the signal and has great battery life!