Beginners and Beyond

Workout Wednesdailies (Read 23 times)

LRB

Could be worse. Chicago is set to have the highest starting temp in 13 years...

Even at easy pace that would be absolutely miserable.

LRB

Every day I feel more relieved.

How many have you not started since your first Chicago Marathon, 2020 and now 2021?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

How many have you not started since your first Chicago Marathon, 2020 and now 2021?

I have started all Chicagos since 2013-2014. My first one I had a ruptured ovarian cyst so it was a DNF, but then I ran 5 back to back and my 6th was in 2019 (also my 50th marathon). I've never not finished Chicago. This is the first time I'm missing it. 2020 didn't happen so technically the second one but I don't count it. LOL.

You would think I feel sad but with that weather and the stress I've been with work, etc. I was like fuck it.

I also thought that with my dad's death I would feel more pumped for racing marathons, but nope.

Damaris

delicate flower

Could be worse. Chicago is set to have the highest starting temp in 13 years...

Yes, as explained in my post that I experienced worse in my last three marathons.  

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, as explained in my post that I experienced worse in my last three marathons.  

That's because you're a masochist that keeps running in Florida...

Damaris

LRB

I have started all Chicagos since 2013-2014. My first one I had a ruptured ovarian cyst so it was a DNF, but then I ran 5 back to back and my 6th was in 2019 (also my 50th marathon). I've never not finished Chicago. This is the first time I'm missing it. 2020 didn't happen so technically the second one but I don't count it. LOL.

You would think I feel sad but with that weather and the stress I've been with work, etc. I was like fuck it.

I also thought that with my dad's death I would feel more pumped for racing marathons, but nope.

Did you not have a knee issue there one year? Maybe 2015?

For me, motivation has gone the way of the minimum wage hourly worker. I'm more likely to become a professional cheerleader than run another one. lol I'm still about the hobby though.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did you not have a knee issue there one year? Maybe 2015?

For me, motivation has gone the way of the minimum wage hourly worker. I'm more likely to become a professional cheerleader than run another one. lol I'm still about the hobby though.

Not for Chicago. It was Houston 2017 just before my knee surgery. 2015 was a great running year for me. All my marathons were in the 4:30 range (my fastest year) even training on the TM. Those were the days, sigh. LOL

I think a lot of us have our motivations go down the drain this year. Not sure why. I was pretty motivated in 2020.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

I think a lot of us have our motivations go down the drain this year. Not sure why. I was pretty motivated in 2020.

Definitely me.

GinnyinPA

Me too. Partly that is because I'm tired of hurting all the time, but even before the glute problem ramped up, I was iffy about racing this year and didn't do any of the races that were held in my area.

That was a hell of an ending!!

Dave