Beginners and Beyond

Driving Miss DAILIES (Read 37 times)

bluerun

Super B****

Location, location, location? In Michigan, you get bling at some races for placing in the top FIVE ffs. And it's the exception when there is no bling for a top 3 placing. That happened to me once but again, that is usually the exception.

I still haven't won a pie though, so you got that going for you. Even if it did taste like asphalt. I would love to win pie.

I won a pie once and I couldn't even eat it.  I hate winning food, I always have to give it away.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I won a pie once and I couldn't even eat it.  I hate winning food, I always have to give it away.

Once?? I'm pretty sure it was more than that unless I'm getting pie and carrot cake mixed up. Damn, I would've LOVED to have won that cake, or even eaten some of it.

Runshortii

Location, location, location? In Michigan, you get bling at some races for placing in the top FIVE ffs. And it's the exception when there is no bling for a top 3 placing. That happened to me once but again, that is usually the exception.

I still haven't won a pie though, so you got that going for you. Even if it did taste like asphalt. I would love to win pie.

I feel like most of the 5Ks around here have finishers medals now 

DavePNW

Yeah, I haven't picked up nearly as much glassware since moving out here. (Although some, certainly.) A lot of races have nothing, and some only for the AG winner. Also have collected fewer shirts for that matter - at MI races, tech shirt upon registration was virtually 100%. (I still have all of them, going back to that first Solstice 10-miler. I really need to get rid of some of them.) Out here, often it is a cotton shirt, and/or you have to pay for one (which I don't). I do get some wear out of some of the cotton shirts, when not running.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Once?? I'm pretty sure it was more than that unless I'm getting pie and carrot cake mixed up. Damn, I would've LOVED to have won that cake, or even eaten some of it.

Yes, it was once.  Carrot cake twice, I think, and once a carrot muffin.

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

Yeah, it's getting more & more. Especially bugs me when there are finisher's medals, but nothing for AG placing. But of course 90% of the people who show up, and therefore 90% of the revenue stream, are not really there to race. I do still have all my medals though, proudly displayed in a shoebox under my bed. Along with all the bibs.

Dave

DavePNW

Because carrot cake is healthy, RIGHT??

Dave

DavePNW

How would you feel about winning oatmeal raisin cookies?

Dave

LRB

:rubs salt into wound:

At least it's Kosher salt. lol

bluerun

Super B****

Because carrot cake is healthy, RIGHT??

Sure it is!!  (But it had cream cheese frosting, and nuts and raisins, so I wouldn't have liked it.)

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

I mean, if they're going to give me something... 😝

chasing the impossible

LRB

How would you feel about winning oatmeal raisin cookies?

LRB

How did the Infinite perform for you today? Was this your first race in them?

DavePNW

Fun fact: all salt is Kosher (or can be). Kosher salt is unique in that it has coarser grain size, and is used in the process for making Kosher meat.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Fun fact: all salt is Kosher (or can be). Kosher salt is unique in that it has coarser grain size, and is used in the process for making Kosher meat.

Hey, I knew that! (Odd, isn't it.)

chasing the impossible