Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 23 times)

In case anyone was interested in reading more about sinuses being exposed after tooth extractions, here you go.

Not clicking that, and not doing a Google Image search.

Dave

Cyberic

In case anyone was interested in reading more about sinuses being exposed after tooth extractions, here you go.

Thanks. He did put packing material in there. I think he did a good job. The dentist sees no problem with the procedure, albeit maybe racing a marathon!

Cyberic

So what do they do at the checkup? just make sure it's not infected? Are you getting an implant? WTF?

My tooth was hurting like hell the last couple of days. I'm a pretty tough guy, and I wanted to wait after the marathon, but it hurt too much while running to go through 26 miles like that.

So one of the tooth's root was rotten all the way through. He could see it in the X-Ray, and he showed me when he took the tooth out. His little pick went all the way through one of the roots, and he inserted the pick from the top side of the tooth.

Backtrack to the X-Rsy. He took the time to explain really well. Either I would spend about 3 grand on the tooth, with no guarantee as he was really not sur it would work because of the state of the tooth, or take it out for less than $200 CDN. He told me what would hsppen with the sinus, as we could see it on the X-Ray.

So I had 3 choices: do nothing, for now and wait until after the marathon,  spend 3 grand and maybe save my tooth, but it probably would not have been done in time for my marathon anyways, or take it out and deal with the sinus.

It's ok. Although not ideal for peaking at the right time, I could skip that marathon and do another one later in the fall.

delicate flower

Not clicking that, and not doing a Google Image search.

I did both.  Link is fine.  No worries there.  Imagine search not recommended.

<3

GinnyinPA

When my dad had implants, it turned out his sinus bone was very thin. The implant went clear through into the sinus cavity which led to an infection that lasted months. It scared me off the idea of implants, especially with the added issue of cost and time involved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, I'll check that since I might get an extraction if the root canal cannot help. Sad

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

When my dad had implants, it turned out his sinus bone was very thin. The implant went clear through into the sinus cavity which led to an infection that lasted months. It scared me off the idea of implants, especially with the added issue of cost and time involved.

You guys are making me worry about my appointment in two weeks, lol.  I will have to get an implant because the bridges break the two surrounding teeth as well which bring other issues into the forefront.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

You guys are making me worry about my appointment in two weeks, lol.  I will have to get an implant because the bridges break the two surrounding teeth as well which bring other issues into the forefront.

I have 5 implants and all has gone fine!  Panoramic xrays let the oral surgeon know the sinus issues. My surgeon is not cheap but has been worth every penny. Implant is better than bridge long term.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have 5 implants and all has gone fine!  Panoramic xrays let the oral surgeon know the sinus issues. My surgeon is not cheap but has been worth every penny. Implant is better than bridge long term.

That's what he told me.  Hoping they can save my root canal, though.  Hard to schedule eight months of procedures in between marathons and training.

Damaris