Beginners and Beyond

Telodynamic Thursdailies (Read 44 times)

Zelanie

Lily- So sorry to hear!  I can only think that your heels are as tough as the rest of you, so I hope they heal quickly!

Will run for scenery.

Lilly - Ugh !  SFX sounds awful.  I hope you recover soon !   Ditto on the pool jogging.  You'll look like a total dork, but its a good workout.

Basya - You are hardcore !  Must be all that ab work...

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LOL, jjs22. Hardcore? Hardly. I forgot to do push-ups and ab work yesterday, so, I doubled today. I don't do weight training for legs the same day that I do speed work.

StepbyStep-SH

Lily - I hope it heals quickly and you can find an alternative means of torturing yourself in the meantime!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh hey forum's back! Tried to check in earlier today and it didn't work.

So I managed to wake up in time to run this morning. But I had some....tummy trouble.... and ended up having only a little more than a half hour for my run, including warmup. I was going to do my "Aerobic Run" which is basically a midweek long run of 4-6 miles, but instead did the "Easy Fartlek" of 2.5-3.5 miles....only had time for 2.1. Oh well....I had my 10 miler last Sunday and a 5K this coming Sunday, plus I am still getting used to my new plan, so doing a bit less is ok with me.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

B-Plus

Sorry to hear about the stress fracture lily. I hope you heal up quickly.

I ran 11 miles @ 7:39 w/ 5 @ 6:49 average. It was nice to get the legs popping.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I haven't run since June 1st and I don't know when I'll be able to run again, due to what looks like a bad stress fracture of the right heel. Meanwhile, to prevent panic from setting in my brain, I've been doing push-ups and sit-ups like a mad woman. Big grin

That is it, nothing else to add. Now off to Fitness Depot to buy some stupid stationary bike, or something similar. grrr....

Aww, I'm sorry!  I was just thinking today that I hadn't seen you posting for a bit, but was thinking it was just related to the meltdown messiness.  I'm sure you'll work hard and come back even stronger, although it does stink.  On the plus side, you were probably due for a good rest anyway.

As for me...I've really had a struggle with the new software and my computer which has kept me from posting.  Also, my log isn't showing my current streak, and I can't figure out why.

Anyway, I've been running still.  I had one day where I just did two miles (Tuesday).  Then, yesterday I showed up for our first of a series of 5k trail races with the full intention of just jogging.  So we get to the line and store owner says to me, why don't we just run this and go 1/2.  I grumbled a little, but took off with him.  My legs just didn't have it to hang with him for long, so he beat me by like a minute and I was second with a 19:20 something 5k.  I did some other jogging and had about 7 miles.

Then, tonight was our last store yoga night.  I did about 7 miles before with a few friends, then did the yoga and went out for some fro-yo afterwards with a couple of girls from the group.  Fun stuff!  I'm sad to have the yoga end though, I've really enjoyed it.

Tomorrow is a 6 am run with a friend...I wish she didn't like the early stuff!  Saturday is another group run too, which is a lot of partnered runs in a row for me.  I kinda needed it though as the long trail run produced some mental fatigue.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sorry to hear LilySadSad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to