Beginners and Beyond

Telodynamic Thursdailies (Read 44 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's on...sometimes.

:tap: :tap: :tap:  This thing on?

Zel - I think a TON of knee problems originate from the hip.  So I'm not too surprised that was the determination!  Hopefully you're on the right track now.

Damaris

happylily

I haven't run since June 1st and I don't know when I'll be able to run again, due to what looks like a bad stress fracture of the right heel. Meanwhile, to prevent panic from setting in my brain, I've been doing push-ups and sit-ups like a mad woman. Big grin

That is it, nothing else to add. Now off to Fitness Depot to buy some stupid stationary bike, or something similar. grrr....

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wow, Lily.  Hope you heal soon.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I haven't run since June 1st and I don't know when I'll be able to run again, due to what looks like a bad stress fracture of the right heel. Meanwhile, to prevent panic from setting in my brain, I've been doing push-ups and sit-ups like a mad woman. Big grin

That is it, nothing else to add. Now off to Fitness Depot to buy some stupid stationary bike, or something similar. grrr....

That sucks, lily.  Hope it is not a stress fracture!  Are you going to the doc to verify that?

I may be on the bench with you for a bit. My achilles tendon in my right foot has been bothering me a bit. Nothing serious, will see how it goes.  I have no idea what the heck I did to it, I was fine yesterday.  It began after I mowed the lawn and cleaned out the garage yesterday.  I'm thinking maybe I turned it wrong or something when I was moving all around and bending up and down to clean stuff out, etc.  I can still walk okay, it's not any great pain, just some 'stiffness" in there that I can feel when I first get up after sitting. After walking a bit, it eases up.  Well, I'll keep an eye on it and take some time off if I have to.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Today and tomorrow are no run days, I want to have my legs well rested for the Laufenfest 5k Saturday morning. I'll probably just focus on push ups, ab/core exercises and some other thing.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Jess runs for bacon

Zelanie, hippos you have it figurebout now!

Lily, sorry to hear that Sad

Did three miles around town with some fartleks. I finally packed on the dreaded weight from quitting smoking so I have been exercising a lot. Trying to eat better but that is not going well (went to B&N today for some coffee and splurged on one of those 600 delicious calorie peanut butter cup cookies. Then felt really bad about it and walked for an hour on the TM. Next week I am going for a 5 meal a day schedule, hopefully that will help.

Also going to the LRS to ight, they are having a meeting on the training team for the Runner's World half. They are good people and the store is right on the course so it should be good.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I also posted on the tech forum that our avis are gone.  I can't seem to get it to reload.  Fatal error or times out.  Now it says it loaded but um no....

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Oh Lily that sucks!  So sorry to hear that!

Marjorie

LRB

Supp!  Looks like a warm front is heading our way so my cool morning runs will soon be history, boo.

In other news, I just saved a ton of money by switching to Geico, ha-ha,

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I've used Geico for 10 years since I cannot find anything cheaper.  $170/month for two cars in Miami is a steal.

Supp!  Looks like a warm front is heading our way so my cool morning runs will soon be history, boo.

In other news, I just saved a ton of money by switching to Geico, ha-ha,

Damaris

outoftheblue

My 3 mile run went well last night, but I'm still trying to take it easy this week -- enough is going on with the yard and farm to keep me feeling active -- so I'll skip running for today.   Shooting for 4 easy miles tomorrow.

Zelenie -- It sounds like a productive, if somewhat painful, PT  session today.  Really hoping you get back to 100% soon.

Happylily -- I had no idea you were dealing with a stress fracture.  What a complete bummer .     Do you have access to a pool?  Pool running did a lot for my running sanity when I was side-lined with injury.   Sending you my best healing vibes.

Life is good.

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.5 on the treadmill.

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

I've used Geico for 10 years since I cannot find anything cheaper.  $170/month for two cars in Miami is a steal.

Especially for a Bentley and an Aston Martin!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.

Especially for a Bentley and an Aston Martin!

Damaris

Shari, I hope that you're having a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

Phil, awesome ride yeaterday.

Rick, sweet seven.

Damaris, feel well soon.

Ric-G, terrific three.

Hey there, jjs22.

Zelanie, I hope that you've solved this problem, finally.

Marjorie, terrific 10.5.

Ouch, LilySad Heal soon!

FreeSoul87, good luck on Saturday!

outoftheblue, brava on the post-marathon three.

Robert, wonderful TM 3.5.

I did one round of push-ups and ab work, then hit the shower to give myself a relaxing scrub and to buff my paws and hooves back to humanity. I feel good.

At the gym, I did my second quality workout (four minutes hard/three minutes easy), according to Daniels, weights for my upper body, calves, and shins, and another round of push-ups.

I'm on my way home to do my second round of ab work.

Weights for the legs must weight until tomorrow. I ain't doing leg work right after running 7.3 miles!