Beginners and Beyond

Don't Bring Me Down Wednesdailies! (Read 47 times)

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning runners! I ran 7 miles @ 7:38 overall pace with 7 X 1 min Fartlek intervals @ 6:45 to 5:50 pace last night. It was my first speed workout since coming back from injury. I held back on the intervals somewhat as I didn't want to re-injure myself.

Today is a SRD. I am running on a 5 day schedule right now. When I feel 100%, I will go to a 6 day schedule. I am trying to wake up this morning. Once again I am waiting for DW to come downstairs so we can drink coffee together.

Have a great day everyone! God bless!

@runjerseygirl

Morning!

Hit the gym before 5:00 again.  Last workout before the Spartan race on Saturday.

Might run or go to yoga on lunch.  Still deciding.

If your'e wondering what I've been up to the last few months, you can check me out here.

Do you even run?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.6 in my favorite hilly neighborhood I always run through when I'm in ATL. Love it. Super tough hills so it is a great work out.

Marjorie

Baboon

delicate flower

Happy Wednesday!  Is it Friday yet?  8 miles of neighborhood loop repeats last night so I could hit the same hill four times.  Up, down, up, down.  8:23 pace at medium-ish effort.  Look at the profile, and remember that it is HUMP DAY!

7-8 flat miles planned after work.  HM this weekend.  I should probably think of scaling back a little the next few days....

<3

LRB

Supp!

I finally got some k-cups of my favorite brew, ditching the ground version which I had been using in a k-cup insert.  Try as they might, they are not the same.  K-cups rule!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I ran 8 miles this morning.  I had a not so nice encounter with teenagers waiting for the bus and Since I was almost pushed into traffic due to their inattention, I almost smash them to the ground!

I am now listening to NPR talking about our heat wave.  Ugh.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

5.41 miles this morning, slow (10:30 overall pace) but my muscles all felt good. My hip/glute is still pretty tight, but I'm hopeful that a massage today will break everything loose.

Tonight is a girls' night out for a winery tour and tasting!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Just B.S.

Packing is all done.  Heading out for 6 miles. Home to shower. Drop dog off at son's place.

Then leaving on a jet plane................................... connector flight, 4 hour layover, overnight on the

plane and then touch down in Dublin at 9am tomorrow morning Big grin

Shit I'm excited!!!

My 50th bday trip was a marathon in Bermuda

This is for hubby 50th bday

Our 30th anniversary is next Sept. Already thinking about which international marathon that will be.

I like to plan ahead!LOL

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My lower back is sore.  good thing I am going to the chiro today or tomorrow.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Six mile progression run this morning, 64 degrees but 100% humidity and don't ask me about dew point. Overall 56:15 with an average pace of 9:22 min/mile but the last mile was 7:51 (thumbs up for me!)

Splits:

Mile 1 - 10:56

Mile 2 - 10:20

Mile 3 - 9:19

Mile 4 - 9:12

Mile 5 - 8:34

Mile 6 - 7:51

Freaking quad was a little tight for a bit, loosened up.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies! Good running everyone!

I completed 5 Easy miles this morning. Man it was nice out - 55 with a little breeze. I wish it was like that every day. I don't think I'd get sick of it. That's all I got, time to go to work.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Hip Redux

Is it Don't Bring Me Down Bruce, or Don't Bring Me Down, Gross?   My brother's name is Bruce, so I always said Bruce, but I think it's gross.  Damn ELO.

I am on day two of DOMS from Monday's workout.   So I'm not sure how well my run will go today, but we'll see.  4 miles, my usual loop.

We still haven't gotten a RR from April.   Pffffffffft.

@runjerseygirl

Supp!

I finally got some k-cups of my favorite brew, ditching the ground version which I had been using in a k-cup insert.  Try as they might, they are not the same.  K-cups rule!

I know you like Pike Place, but have you tried the sbux blonde roast?  I like it.  Wish it wasn't so much more expensive than donut shop.

And since no one has poured a cup yet, here you go...

Do you even run?

LRB

Then leaving on a jet plane................................... connector flight, 4 hour layover, overnight on the

plane and then touch down in Dublin at 9am tomorrow morning Big grin

I initially thought the layover was on the plane!  Safe travels.

Shari, I cannot run, but I can drink!

Boon, what the hell is that?  lol

Kay, I have not tried that, I will keep it in mind.

FS, that is an impressive run!

O, I am zooming, woo hoo!

Feel better D, hello Schnauzer, are you related to Bowzer?

Hi Marj, supp Drew!