Beginners and Beyond

Um, TuesDAILIES...Yeah! That's the Ticket! (Read 43 times)

From the Internet.

And the fun begins. Remind me which one you're doing?

Philadelphia, registered and hotel booked already - just have to survive the training! Big grin

onemile

Met with my coach this morning to discuss marathon training, I start July 6! He prefers to do a 20-week  plan for the marathon, so I will be slowly ramping up mileage for 12 weeks, peaking with 5 weeks of steady mileage with 3 ~20-22 milers alternating with 2 shorter long runs of ~16 or so, and then taper.

Just reading that burns me out.

Baboon

delicate flower

Philadelphia, registered and hotel booked already - just have to survive the training! Big grin

Sweet.  Just get through the stupid marathon so you can find yourself a good cheese steak after.  If you don't eat meat, that would be a good time to start.

<3

cjones1

Sweet.  Just get through the stupid marathon so you can find yourself a good cheese steak after.  If you don't eat meat, that would be a good time to start.

So, it's come to this:  Pat's or Geno's?

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

If you don't eat meat, that would be a good time to start.

Best. Line. Ever. lol

Baboon

delicate flower

So, it's come to this:  Pat's or Geno's?

I got mine in the Reading Terminal Market.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I got mine in the Reading Terminal Market.

Oh, that market has all sorts of great stuff!

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

SHIT-Tay! performance at this saturdays 5k.

4 miles this morning - by feel - had some issues to work out from the above ^

So easy turned into not easy but not particularly hard.... ie: too fast to do any good and to slow to do any good.  But it was enjoyable so there is that.

8 or so miles of hills tonight...  group training is cancelled due to everything in the Fing vicinity being flooded!

Had 5 miles easy yesterday  about 1 mile of it was impromptu water running.  1/4 mile of the trail was submerged (still water - no rushing river) and I ran in and got crotch deep , decided to go for it.   Cleaned my shoes and legs just had to avoid the floating piles of ants.

Bastards...

To give an indication of flooding:  This image below is normal and what we see 95% of the time. (the other near 5% is to the bottom of the trees int he background. ie: up 5-8 feet during rains)

Now, yesterday...  see this fellow in the blue with the red helmet...  he would have been KOd by the bottom of the steel truss girder above as he rocketed down the river.   Yup that shit is high!

Below is a shot with it almost as high back in 2010 (yes same bridge) (like the debris collected?)

No I didn't run through *that* part...

LRB

Met with my coach this morning to discuss marathon training, I start July 6! He prefers to do a 20-week  plan for the marathon, so I will be slowly ramping up mileage for 12 weeks, peaking with 5 weeks of steady mileage with 3 ~20-22 milers alternating with 2 shorter long runs of ~16 or so, and then taper.

I think most of us has done some variation of that nonsense, and some of us are still at it. lol

That first cycle is where you find out a lot about yourself, but it usually doesn't hit you until your second or sometimes third cycle. That is when you look at your marathon plan and either say, "3 - 20 milers? Cool!" or 3 - 20 milers ? "Fuck that shit." lol

Baboon

delicate flower

Oh, that market has all sorts of great stuff!

Besides the aforementioned cheese steak, DW had what she calls the best falafel she's ever had, and we walked out of there with a bag full of cookies and cupcakes YOU HEARD.

<3

onemile

I think most of us has done some variation of that nonsense, and some of us are still at it. lol

That first cycle is where you find out a lot about yourself, but it usually doesn't hit you until your second or sometimes third cycle. That is when you look at your marathon plan and either say, "3 - 20 milers? Cool!" or 3 - 20 milers ? "Fuck that shit." lol

True.

YugoAgain

Hello, and happy back to work.

I had a really nice and busy (with fun things) three-day weekend, and I ran an average of, what, 8 miles a day.  Was very active otherwise, though, so I am pleasantly exhausted.

Will run a short run tonight.

LRB

To give an indication of flooding:  This image below is normal and what we see 95% of the time. (the other near 5% is to the bottom of the trees int he background. ie: up 5-8 feet during rains)

Now, yesterday...  see this fellow in the blue with the red helmet...  he would have been KOd by the bottom of the steel truss girder above as he rocketed down the river.   Yup that shit is high!

Below is a shot with it almost as high back in 2010 (yes same bridge) (like the debris collected?)

No I didn't run through *that* part...

Wow!

Baboon

delicate flower

Slymoon, that is freakin' insane.  It's hard to believe the two bridges are the same in those photos.

<3

LRB

Hello, and happy back to work.

There was a crap ton of work waiting on me (I was off four days) and a couple of phone numbers on sticky notes in my writing that I am guessing I was supposed to follow up on. I have no idea what in the hell they are for. lol