Beginners and Beyond

Friday (Read 27 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles. They sucked.

I've tried the foam roller when I've had ass/hip/back pain. It made the issue worse. Basically, it reminded me of what I've had a PT tell me, which is just because some muscle seem tight it does not always mean they need to be stretched/massaged/etc.

LRB

4 miles. They sucked.

I've tried the foam roller when I've had ass/hip/back pain. It made the issue worse. Basically, it reminded me of what I've had a PT tell me, which is just because some muscle seem tight it does not always mean they need to be stretched/massaged/etc.

I rarely roll the actual injured area. Above or below it is usually the source of the problem, so that is where I get down. That's not 100%, just a general rule.

Cyberic

What I bought is a stick with some intermediate foam padding and the roller. So I can use the stick, the stick + intermediate foam (rather soft) or use the roller on the stick, or use the roller on its own. I was skeptical, as usually when you try to do everything, you don't do any one thing right. But I bought it in a store, so I could bring it back within 10 days for a refund. Got home, checked it out, I like it so I won't bring it back.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cy, can we see a picture?  The foam roller is something you sit on and I can't picture a combo stick/foam as something that big.

Damaris

Cyberic

Cy, can we see a picture?  The foam roller is something you sit on and I can't picture a combo stick/foam as something that big.

I'm at a kid's soccer game right now. I'll try to send you something a little later

Similar to this one, only I find mine has a better design  https://www.therapysupply.ca/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1607&language=en&currency=CAD&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyerpBRD9ARIsAH-ITn8n1tR8x2zfx0eskDwCoZN0ejeFy2OfUcI7oErYoFXKvb6JguYmlp4aApmgEALw_wcB

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm at a kid's soccer game right now. I'll try to send you something a little later

Similar to this one, only I find mine has a better design  https://www.therapysupply.ca/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1607&language=en&currency=CAD&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyerpBRD9ARIsAH-ITn8n1tR8x2zfx0eskDwCoZN0ejeFy2OfUcI7oErYoFXKvb6JguYmlp4aApmgEALw_wcB

Ooh, looks l need something like that!

Damaris

Cyberic

Ooh, looks l need something like that!

On this one there is no pic of using the stick by itself, but I can do it on mine, so I have 3 possible diameters, and for the biggest diameter, I have a rather smooth surface and one with big foam spikes I can use, so many possibilities altogether

DavePNW

On the flight to Boston, the woman next to me carried on one of these, and was using it during the flight.

Dave

GinnyinPA

I tried one of those in a store once. It felt good.

I ran 8.6 miles on the TM, with 30 minutes at 5k pace doing intervals of 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4 minutes. Kinda fun.

RunningOnSand

On the flight to Boston, the woman next to me carried on one of these, and was using it during the flight.

I have this and use it at least weekly. In fact I used it tonight (in addition to my foam roller). I highly recommend it. As per your comment, it travels well, and works on a bunch of areas.

From the Internet.

This was the best purchase, highly recommend! Not too much more cost-wise than a single massage session and useful for years!