Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins keep calm and run on (Read 35 times)

T-Rod - you must have started early.

I try to be out the door by 5am.  If I am going longer than 8 I try to be out by 4:45.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lucky you.  I don't have time to run at 5am since I have to be out the door by 7 with makeup, suit, and everything ready.  Men are lucky. Joking

I am still awake at midnight, though.

I try to be out the door by 5am.  If I am going longer than 8 I try to be out by 4:45.

Damaris

Sloooow.

Coralie - did the dogs get more of your chickens?  Do you know which dogs? I hope you're getting reimbursed for your losses.

Yesterday two little brown dogs got a lavender Cochin. Thank God I check on them so much, no more were injured. No idea who they belong to, taking further steps to deal with the dogs. PITA!

Mmmmm...beer

5 easy miles done, now carb loading with an entire frozen thin crust pizza. Smile  It sounds bad, but it's only 780 calories for the whole thing, which coincidentally is about what I burned on my run. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

How many carbs?

5 easy miles done, now carb loading with an entire frozen thin crust pizza. Smile  It sounds bad, but it's only 780 calories for the whole thing, which coincidentally is about what I burned on my run. lol

We usually try to be in bed by 9:30.

Mornings are usually good here. Make lunches, a bottle, get the baby up and changed then Out the door by 7:25 or so. DW takes son to school where she works. I take the baby to the sitter. At work by 7:40 Smile

No suit, no hair, usually just slacks, a polo, and sneakers for work.

Lucky you.  I don't have time to run at 5am since I have to be out the door by 7 with makeup, suit, and everything ready.  Men are lucky. Joking

I am still awake at midnight, though.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm not even finished eating my dinner at 9:30!

Wait, you're already asleep.

We usually try to be in bed by 9:30.

Mornings are usually good here. Make lunches, a bottle, get the baby up and changed then Out the door by 7:25 or so. DW takes son to school where she works. I take the baby to the sitter. At work by 7:40 Smile

No suit, no hair, usually just slacks, a polo, and sneakers for work.

Damaris

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

WOW...I missed a busy day today!  I went from driving all day to a family run, to my own run.  I just started some laundry, and sat down.  Crazy week!  29 miles so far this week.  Shouldn't be too hard to hit 50 now, unless this bathroom project gets out of hand!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Dad on the run.

Jack - Just a local 5K race. Its the first annual so I don't expect it to be real big.

Ginny - yes we will continue to run at least 3 days with them and 1 or 2 on our own.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Mmmmm...beer

How many carbs?

78g carbs, 36g protein.  Palermo's thin crust Margherita, good stuff.  I usually only eat 2/3rds of it and DW has the other 1/3, but tonight she didn't want any, so it was all mine. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Sloooow.

Haha! We're on a similar schedule, except I usually go to bed at 1-2am and get up at 9-10am, lol. I feel so lazy seeing all the silly o'clock posts Smile

GinnyinPA

Coralie - I'm on your schedule - definitely a night owl.  Makes it very hard when I have a morning race, but then, I don't usually sleep well before a race anyhow.

Sloooow.

Ginny, morning races are horrible, aren't they!  I have a run on Saturday, starts at 8am. It's 35 miles away so I'll be doing same day packet pick-up. I'm gonna have to be up at like... 6:15 Sad Kids are both night owls too, so getting them up early will leave them miserable all day.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

...I'm usually not even home from work yet by 9:30pm....after leaving by 8:00am....usually don't finish dinner til after 10pm... all I can do is work, eat, run and repeat...maybe shower too Smile but that is  IT!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to