Beginners and Beyond

FallThursDailies (Read 35 times)

bluerun

Super B****

You could probably figure it out. But easier to have someone else do it.

Sure, but I have to wait for them to show up. Guess I should be glad my car even has a spare

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Did you know that if you get a flat tire on a rental car, and you change it yourself, they still charge you for it? Ask me how I know. 

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Did you know that if you get a flat tire on a rental car, and you change it yourself, they still charge you for it? Ask me how I know. 

Charge you for WHAT?? Labor??

It took about two seconds. And it looks like I’m going to have to replace that tire because apparently that sort of rip can’t be repaired. YAY.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

GinnyinPA

D - love the video

Onemile - I really hope the antibiotic works.

I ran 9.1 miles on a cool damp cloudy day. It was good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, I couldn't breathe through my speedwork at all and the run was sucking up a storm.  And then...

Damaris

^ been there, done that. As you all know.

Dave

Charge you for WHAT?? Labor??

Labor and a new tire. I was pretty furious, and called them. I was basically told I should have bought the insurance.

Dave

ap4

Labor and a new tire. I was pretty furious, and called them. I was basically told I should have bought the insurance.

That happened to me the last time I visited my parents. Picked up a nail in the rental car’s tire. Changed it myself and took it to a Discount Tire in the morning. Wasted an hour an a half of my time, but they patched it for free. Put the spare back in place.  Returned the car without mentioning it.

That happened to me the last time I visited my parents. Picked up a nail in the rental car’s tire. Changed it myself and took it to a Discount Tire in the morning. Wasted an hour an a half of my time, but they patched it for free. Put the spare back in place.  Returned the car without mentioning it.

I returned the car with the spare still on, so no hiding it.

Dave

ap4

I returned the car with the spare still on, so no hiding it.

Yeah, I was going to until I read the rental agreement in the hotel that night.

sdWhiskers

Karaoke and sake last night meant no running this morning.  Plus it was monsooning out. My pants are still wet from standing in the taxi line 5 hours ago.

I saw a Japanese guy running yesterday wearing The Jacket (with dewpoint of like 70).

Forgot to mention the movies I watched on the flight here:

Detective Pikachu (entertaining)

Toy Story 4 (not bad for a 4th installment)

The Professor (I think) with Johnny Depp as a dying prof (slow and dumb)

Molly's Game, which I hadn't heard of before but I really liked

And I started Rocketman

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I liked Molly’s Game a lot and it’s a true story.

Rocketman is good but Bohemian Rhapsody is better IMO. But I can’t wait to watch rocketman again.

Damaris

I liked Molly’s Game a lot and it’s a true story.

Rocketman is good but Bohemian Rhapsody is better IMO. But I can’t wait to watch rocketman again.

Agree on Molly’s Game. Great movie, no idea why it wasn’t more popular. I love anything from Aaron Sorkin.

I think Rocketman > Bohemian Rhapsody. Much more creative. Even though I’d rather listen to Queen than Elton John.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Maybe it's because I am not a fan of musicals that I prefer Queen because the music is not added like a musical but rather part of the movie.  But both are good.

Damaris