Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 29 times)

DavePNW

6 miles.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ugh, might as well consider from Saturday to whatever as a rest week and July a cutback week. I haven't ran since Friday night. I'm so freaking exhausted early in the morning either from headaches or lack of sleep due to DH or DS...... and I really don't want to push DS in the stroller in this heat or humidity.... though the rain might make things easier but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Massage appointment tonight at 6, so I doubt I'll get a run in.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have the 7 I didn't run last night.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

6 miles.

Hills on Sunday plus strength training last night have me barely walking today. The run was a slog from start to finish but the weather was great,  cool and foggy.

Off, at air and space museum at Dulles, took my 13 year old nephew from Yuma

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Off, at air and space museum at Dulles, took my 13 year old nephew from Yuma

Nice!  Have fun.

Damaris

Cyberic

Ran 7 again this morning. I'm on an 11 day streak!!!

Today we spent maybe 2 hours in the London Science Museum, and then we went to Oxford Circus (not a circus with clowns, but a part of town) for some shopping. Bought two t-shirts, which is all I'll be bringing back. No souvenirs for anybody. I always do that on my trips: I bring one useful thing back as a souvenir. This time it's 2 (1 for 20, 2 for 30 pounds).

KCRuns

Good morning!

I ran 4 last night with my group, pushed too hard trying to keep up with someone faster than me and ended up having to walk some.  It was also 90 degrees and sunny, so 

I started to run to work this morning and about a half mile in my hamstring started really bothering me, so I did a lot of walking today, too, and cut the miles short because it was going to take longer.  Ended up with 3.5.

onemile

I started to run to work this morning and about a half mile in my hamstring started really bothering me, so I did a lot of walking today, too, and cut the miles short because it was going to take longer.  Ended up with 3.5.

uh oh 

onemile

I hobbled thru 5 miles. I have been SO sore and stiff the past 2 runs. Unreasonably so. Is that from running hard in the heat? I don't think I've ever raced in 75*+ before.  Either that or it's old age catching up 

DavePNW

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

ran 9 this morning in pretty hot (for early morning) and humid conditions. Was off yesterday.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh, KC!

Damaris

KCRuns

uh oh 

I know!  I just got back to feeling good and able to run more and then this.  Though I'm not convinced it's an actual injury, I think it may be something that just needs some massage and rolling, it feels tight where the hamstring meets my butt, but not necessarily hurt.  But when it started up during the run, I was afraid of an actual injury, hence the mostly walking to play it safe.  I will pull out the foam roller tonight and see if that helps.

In other news, I have my corral assignment for Chicago, I'm in G!   I was originally further back, but sent in my email request to move up and it changed to G this morning, so I'm really happy about the earlier start!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I know!  I just got back to feeling good and able to run more and then this.  Though I'm not convinced it's an actual injury, I think it may be something that just needs some massage and rolling, it feels tight where the hamstring meets my butt, but not necessarily hurt.  But when it started up during the run, I was afraid of an actual injury, hence the mostly walking to play it safe.  I will pull out the foam roller tonight and see if that helps.

In other news, I have my corral assignment for Chicago, I'm in G!   I was originally further back, but sent in my email request to move up and it changed to G this morning, so I'm really happy about the earlier start!

Me too!

Damaris