Beginners and Beyond

Hot & Humid ThursDailies, oh yeah July 4th! (Read 33 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

That is absolutely normal for an adult. You're talking about overcoming a lifetime of inhibitions, a lifetime of not diving headfirst (literally) into anything, to all of a sudden; diving headfirst into a pool. I liken it to not not ducking if someone threw a baseball at your face, that's not natural. Similarly, leaving your feet and leading with your head as an adult is not natural. There are some videos of me diving, it's the funniest shit ever. My thing was, you can't think, you just have to jump. The longer you think, the less likely you're gonna do it. So get on the board, walk briskly to the end (or run) and jump - WEEEEEE!

I had no issue with diving, until it came to doing something off a diving board involving 1 1/2 flips. I could not do it, every time I tried, I would up doing a double flip to my back. A childhood of gymnastics makes opening up midflip something you just don't do.

LRB

Ran 3 miles outside. Hammy is still kind of tight & sore, not quite sure what to make of it. If it stays at this level, it’s manageable, but IDK if it’s going to flare up again.

DD was nervous about going off the diving board for a long time. Till her 3-years-younger brother did it; then she just ran and went off it. Of course they were about 5 and 8 at the time.

Saw Spider-Man. It was awesome.

I wasn't too crazy about the first one but loved MJ and Ned. I'm actually excited to see this one though.

LRB

I had no issue with diving, until it came to doing something off a diving board involving 1 1/2 flips. I could not do it, every time I tried, I would up doing a double flip to my back. A childhood of gymnastics makes opening up midflip something you just don't do.

Exactly!

LRB

I ran 10 miles and sweated out a gallon

It's sweat flinging off the elbows season 💦💦💦

LRB

Happy 4th!

I walked 4.5 miles. It’s hot out there!

That it is! 🔥

DavePNW

I wasn't too crazy about the first one but loved MJ and Ned. I'm actually excited to see this one though.

You’ll get more of them!

Dave

LRB

You’ll get more of them!

Saweet!

Any Ironman by chance, or can you say?

DavePNW

Saweet!

Any Ironman by chance, or can you say?

It’s not a spoiler to say he is a big part of the movie, without physically being in it. The overarching theme is Peter dealing with Tony’s legacy.

Dave

5k in about 33mins

Was quite a bit of fun, warm/hot, not as hot as last year though.

300m- 37 sec.