Beginners and Beyond

Saturdays are Funky Cold DAILIESna (Read 36 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles. It was cold & windy. DH had been working in the garage all afternoon and timed his shower to get in just when I got back and I think he used 95% of the hot water in the house.

I thought the magic of wool was that it could get wet and it keeps you somewhat warmer? A few years ago I was running on snowy trails near me and stepped in the water. My foot was surprisingly not frozen.

Whiskers, nice mileage!

LRB

I just figured out what the na in the title after the dailies signifies.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Sodium?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

His wife never lets him have anything nice.  I know what that's like!

Oh, we are likely going to see it tomorrow or next week, though. Wink

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Omg! A full sized grand?! That's awesome. I can't wait to see it. Smile I don't play well at all- I'm a choral singer, but I grew up with a piano in the house and it's a nice thing to have. <3

Baby grand.  Even my new giant house does not have the space and I don't have the mullah for a $20-30K full grand, ha.

My first recital was at age 5, so I plaid for 15 years and then quit.  My piano is still in PR so I have not played often for the last 20 years.  I can still play my most loved song, Fur Elise though.  Here it is:

Damaris

LRB

Oh, we are likely going to see it tomorrow or next week, though. Wink

I also just noticed the cat in your avi. I've never seen it before. I must be having an off day! What's the story there?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I also just noticed the cat in your avi. I've never seen it before. I must be having an off day! What's the story there?

The best memes on the internet is what it is.  Cat's name is Smudge Lord and his famous face was added to one of the housewives yelling like a storm and the internet and the internet has gone loco with him.  Here are some:

Damaris

delicate flower

The best memes on the internet is what it is.  

It is why we need an internet!

<3

Cyberic

A little far fetched, maybe...

GinnyinPA

Eydawn - sorry you've been so sick. Hopefully you've gotten your winter nastiness over with early.

D - nice piano. Have fun with it.

AFM: I had a surprisingly good 14 mile run today. It was cold and windy, so I went to the state forest, hoping that the ridges and trees would block the wind. It wasn't as much help as I'd hoped. The first half was uphill into the wind, the second half downhill away from the wind. It should have been into the sun as well, but lucky for me the trees and ridge blocked most of that. It was just a bit colder. (42 when I started and 37 when I finished my run.) 1200' elevation gain and loss, so I had a good workout. Having downhill for the last 5 miles meant I had enough energy to do the whole thing without a major energy fail. Hurray! I did feel a bit off afterwards - a bit of vertigo - but I was mostly very happy with my run. There were a lot more trucks on the forest road than I had expected, but I had forgotten it was deer archery season. I didn't spot anyone lurking in the woods, but archers tend to be well camouflaged. I don't worry about getting shot during archery or black powder season, since they have to have a good view of what they are shooting, and odds are they aren't going to be shooting down the road. I didn't have orange on, but I was wearing a bright red shirt.

Cyberic

Cool that you had a nice run Ginny!

Cool that you got a nice piano D!