Beginners and Beyond

Chicago Marathon RR (Short and Painful!) (Read 57 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats. That's 36 more than me.  Did you get some fantastic Chicago pizza?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not this time.  Due to my slowness, I even made hubby miss Yolk's brunch.  Sigh.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

I still suck at marathons, after 36.  Still going to run them, though.

Meh, it's all relative.  So long as you're enjoying them!  (I suck at marathons too.  I DON'T enjoy them, though.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Meh, it's all relative.  So long as you're enjoying them!  (I suck at marathons too.  I DON'T enjoy them, though.)

True, I do enjoy them.  When I don't, I'll stop running them (which is why I don't run 5Ks and 10Ks, LOL).  Good luck on yours!

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

True, I do enjoy them.  When I don't, I'll stop running them (which is why I don't run 5Ks and 10Ks, LOL).  Good luck on yours!

I have clearly not learned this lesson.   Thanks!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

There is so much suck that last 45 minutes to an hour during a marathon, that even reading that makes me want to cry!

You probably have more medals from Chicago than I have total. lol

What about hubby? Is he ever going to jump in, or is he content with being only half crazy?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There is so much suck that last 45 minutes to an hour during a marathon, that even reading that makes me want to cry!

You probably have more medals from Chicago than I have total. lol

What about hubby? Is he ever going to jump in, or is he content with being only half crazy?

He still says no. He once said no to HMs, so...

Damaris

LRB

He still says no. He once said no to HMs, so...

He once said no to running a square in the sidewalk!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

He once said no to running a square in the sidewalk!

Well, yes and no.  He is the one that was a runner and got me into running in 1999.  Then he quit.  And then Boston was bombed.  I am not glad the assholes blew up the marathon but it did get my husband into wanting to run again.  So, something positive came out of that!

I am running Indy with Mary so even if I have asthma issues, running with Mary will make up for it.  We are expecting an INKnBURN party extravaganza for 4+ hours (depending on my lungs).  Wink

Damaris

LRB

He is the one that was a runner and got me into running in 1999.  Then he quit. 

I did not know that!

#littleknownfacts

Zelanie

I'm glad you were able to get the finish on such a tough day!  When the lungs won't cooperate, you do what you can.

I think that mental stress takes its toll on a training cycle in the same way that physical stress does.  You had a lot to push through this time on top of the asthma.  Congrats on getting through!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm glad you were able to get the finish on such a tough day!  When the lungs won't cooperate, you do what you can.

I think that mental stress takes its toll on a training cycle in the same way that physical stress does.  You had a lot to push through this time on top of the asthma.  Congrats on getting through!

Thanks!  Hoping we never have to deal with a year like 2016....

Damaris

workinprogress11

Wow, that sounds tough, but great job hanging in there!  This is the first year I wasn't either a runner or spectator at Chicago since 2012. I missed it!