Beginners and Beyond

Post pop tart Sundailies (Read 46 times)

outoftheblue

Marathons are always the most fun when other people are running them.

Truth.

Life is good.

Baboon

delicate flower

Well so much for technology.

I had a great run today, probably the strongest run I have had all year.   Did a 4 mile warm-up followed by 14.15 at GMP.  The only problem is that when I got home and plugged my Garmin in, it made a strange beeping sound and deleted my entire run history.  I remember the exact mileage but do not even have a clock time.    Grrrr.

I only recall that  the clock in the car was 8:45 a.m. when I got out and 11:54 a.m. when back so, so adjusting for the time it took to walk back/forth to the trail head, POP stop, and post-run cool-down, I guess  that the entire 18.15 run took around 3 hours.  I know my warm-up was around a 10:45 pace and, I was keeping my GMP pace under 10:00, except for two uphill miles (10:45 mile and 10:17-- I remember those splits).  My last 6 miles after I got through the uphill section were my fastest miles  -- all  between 9:20 (I remember that split) and 9:50.   I would guess I averaged somewhere around 9:45 or 9:50?  Im pissed at Garmin right now.  I'm kind of a numbers junky too, so it sucks not to have the break-down and be left guessing at my overall pace. 

I'm still all over the place, too, on how I want to pace my marathon.   I was hoping to draw some insights from the splits.   Ack.  

Nope.  No Garmin = it never happened.

<3

LRB

I was hoping to draw some insights from the splits.   Ack.  

I think I would have thrown my computer out the window, ugh man!! 

The only thing I could suggest (since it costs no money) is to email Garmin support and see if they can pull a rabbit out of the backside of this one.

Those cats are pretty sharp and if there is a miracle to be performed they just might do it.

Way to blow through the run though!  I thought about you and it a few times today, wondering how things went.

outoftheblue

Nope.  No Garmin = it never happened.

Kind of like when a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to here it fall.   I guess I need to get back out there and do it again.

LRB -- I Iooked at the garmin help forums and tried some tech-fu stuff they suggested, but it looks like its gone, gone gone.

Life is good.

LRB

Kind of like when a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to here it fall.   I guess I need to get back out there and do it again.

LRB -- I Iooked at the garmin help forums and tried some tech-fu stuff they suggested, but it looks like its gone, gone gone.

I am not sure I would ever get over that, something or someone would have to bleed. 

outoftheblue

It is frustrating LRB.  My only consolation is that I was paying enough attention during the run, to know that my pacing was at least as fast as my previous MP LRs, and I finished this one feeling a lot stronger and running a lot faster.   Post-run, I feel pretty good.    It's not perfect information, but there is enough there for me to at least gain some confidence that shooting for 10 mm, or less, on race day is not crazy-land.

Life is good.

LRB

It is frustrating LRB.  My only consolation is that I was paying enough attention during the run, to know that my pacing was at least as fast as my previous MP LRs, and I finished this one feeling a lot stronger and running a lot faster.   Post-run, I feel pretty good.    It's not perfect information, but there is enough there for me to at least gain some confidence that shooting for 10 mm, or less, on race day is not crazy-land.

Excellent!  That is your glass half-full disposition coming out, I can appreciate that.  CIM is on my short list, not sure if I will ever make it that far left but if I do I will be coming to PR some shit up.  lol

Baboon

delicate flower

Go Rams!  LOLOLMAO at San Francisco.

<3

outoftheblue

Go Rams!  LOLOLMAO at San Francisco.

I'm a long-standing Niner fan, but I absolutely can't stand Harbaugh and Kap.   To the point where I was gleeful at the fumble.   I'm ready for them to hit rock bottom and rebuilt with a different coach and attitude.    Life's too short to root for that crew.

How from we've come since Bill Walsh and the "winning with class" days.

Life is good.

LRB

Life's too short to root for that crew.

Apparently the front office agrees with you as Harbag is constantly rumored to be on the firing squad.

Baboon

delicate flower

I'm a long-standing Niner fan....

NOOOOOOOOO!  

At least you've had a lot of good years to cheer for them.  I've been a Rams fan all my life and they've had like four good years.  Tongue

<3

DavePNW

I absolutely can't stand Harbaugh and Kap.    

+ a billion

Dave

No pop tarts today, just pie. 

outoftheblue

Apparently the front office agrees with you as Harbag is constantly rumored to be on the firing squad.

That they are eager to rid themselves of a coach with that kind of on-field success, is a testament to just how big of an insufferable ass he must be to have around.

Baboon -- I'm guessing you don't look back as fondly of the Walsh/Montana years as I do.  At least you had the Greatest Show on Turf.  And Kurt Warner and his rise from grocery-bagger to greatness was pretty awesome.  Even I was rooting for that cinderella story.

Life is good.

Baboon

delicate flower

Baboon -- I'm guessing you don't look back as fondly of the Walsh/Montana years as I do.  At least you had the Greatest Show on Turf.  And Kurt Warner and his rise from grocery-bagger to greatness was pretty awesome.  Even I was rooting for that cinderella story.

I hated the 80's 49ers at the time, but I can now appreciate how great they were and where their place is in NFL history.  The Rams won their Super Bowl using the offense that Bill Walsh invented.  I think Ronnie Lott is my favorite player from those 49er teams.  He was awesome.

<3