Beginners and Beyond

Everybody Sleeping in SunDailies? (Read 49 times)

RunningOnSand

It's a raven - sort of.  Intertwined with a tree branch.

Got this four years ago just after I turned 62.

Figured for my first tattoo to go big or stay home.

Here's a full picture.

Super cool!

RunningOnSand

3:37:06. I'll post more when I get home. Only had like a 45 second positive split so not too bad I think. Holy crap my hip flexors hate me. That marathon shit is no joke 😳

And this is your 1st marathon??? Nice job!

GC100k

3 hours hiking on the Appalachian trail with 3 of my kids today.

Runshortii

It does deserve its own thread.

I thought about it, and then I didn't..but then I gave in and just did lol

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

3 hours hiking on the Appalachian trail with 3 of my kids today.

That sounds like fun. I've hiked the Adirondak 46ers. 4 out of the 46 anyways. This winter I want to learn to snowshoe. I am heading to Saranac Lake with a friend and hiking the 6 peaks there as training. They are smaller mountains around 3000'.

Cyberic

I thought about it, and then I didn't..but then I gave in and just did lol

I think all marathons deserve their own thread.

oldfartrunner

Shortii: WOW! Great Job!  My hip flexors started cramping at 12 and it was a really painful the last 14.2.  You had a "normal" race it sounds like.  If I would of had a normal, might not be one and done? 

Bluesky: Nice tatt!  You Bluesky Dawg the Master Blaster?

C99: Nice pics!

Nice LRs Everyone! ...Blue: Beat the young punks whenever you can.

GinnyinPA

Bluesky - nice tattoo. Do you have an Alaska connection or a Poe connection?

Shortii - great race.

GC100 - which part of the AT? Hawk Mountain?

I did 15 miles in Gettysburg this afternoon. It was supposed to be 13 (the HM course) but I made a wrong turn at mile 9. I've run the course before, but last time was a year ago. Oh well, it was a beautiful day, so I didn't mind too much, especially since the last couple of miles are mostly downhill.

GC100k

GC100 - which part of the AT? Hawk Mountain?

Poking around in the hills between Boiling Springs and Pine Grove Furnace.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

RunShortii, that sounds like an excellently paced race!  And yeah, I can only do them because I never race as bad ass as you did. Smile

Ran my 13 and I'm done.  My last week has more miles than I ran on this week, so there is that.  We'll see.  The knee is good and I finally get to see the PT this week for my final session (canceled last week due to my stomach virus and prior to that they were closed due to Hurricane Irma).

Damaris

Coastal

Heck of a first marathon, Runshortii.  Congrats!  As someone said, another strong training cycle and a good course and you'll be in good position to do a solid BQ.

Bluerun:  Somebody's got to teach them to respect their elders