Beginners and Beyond

Odd Feet Fridays (Read 32 times)

I think the pacemaker is finally settling in after 'thinking about it' for a while.  Got my last 'settings' in October and now don't have to go back for a year unless something goes wrong - hopefully not, knock on wood.  It took about a week after the settings for the pacemaker to say "ahhh, okay, I got it now..'  and it seemed to adjust.  Right after the adjustment I was feeling kind of tired and, like, this is not working, I want the old setting back.  But then it kicked in and now I've been having some really good running.  Still not speedy, but I am finally getting underneath 12-minute miles again.  Yesterday I ran at Camp Bullis military installation and my last mile was 11:07.   So gradually getting there.  3 miles done yesterday.

I like running at Camp Bullis.  I usually go after work and around 5 pm there is just about nobody on the base.  Nice empty streets to run on, the track area all to myself, very little traffic - I encountered 2 vehicles on my run/walk last night - and there is even a nice little gym - pretty small, but works for what I need - to take a shower after so I don't have to drive home all wet and sweaty.

Cyberic

Borrowing from the float interval idea? Basically about 20 minutes of good hard running - nice work.

It's actually exactly 20 minutes.

bluerun

Super B****

Bluerun’s pic reminded me of this iconic photo - she’s John Landy except without Roger Bannister passing her up.

😂 Landy’s torso, Bannister’s legs

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Runshortii

I ran 10 with 5x2 minutes at marathon effort. Despite the snow it was a good run

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 10 with 5x2 minutes at marathon effort. Despite the snow it was a good run

The real four-letter "s" word

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've relaced the Levitate 2's, gonna try them one more time tomorrow morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Forgot I'm meeting the running group tomorrow for my LR at 8am so switched things around and ran 4 instead.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Bought the Ghost 12 NYCM ones and I liked them.  They are heavier than what I'm used to but they feel great.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

I like the Ghost 11s, but haven't tried the 12s. Our LRS has closed, so I won't get a chance to for a while since my 11s are still fairly new. Are the 12s different from the 11s?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

These are my first pair of Ghosts so no idea.

Damaris