Beginners and Beyond

Odd Feet Fridays (Read 32 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I like that picture, blue.  Those kind of off the cuff, not posing pics tend to look well.

It's my off Friday, thankfully.  Heading to the vet for Rubio who has lost more weight again and then 8 at some point.  We had some snow but ours was a dusting that's gone.  It's 25F and sunny here.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

RD! Slept in, sort of. MrW got up at 5am for work which woke me up. But I stayed in bed until 630 which is 2 hours longer than usual.

Took the day off bc why not. I plan on going to the beach with my Kindle for a few hours. Only 50 degrees now but should be near 80 later.

RunningOnSand

RD! Slept in, sort of. MrW got up at 5am for work which woke me up. But I stayed in bed until 630 which is 2 hours longer than usual.

Took the day off bc why not. I plan on going to the beach with my Kindle for a few hours. Only 50 degrees now but should be near 80 later.

Heavenly. Seriously, heavenly. Enjoy!!!

RunningOnSand

Blue, I like that pic, too!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Yeah you win.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

DavePNW

14 miles with 8 strides.

Dave

DavePNW

Bluerun’s pic reminded me of this iconic photo - she’s John Landy except without Roger Bannister passing her up.

Dave

Cyberic

Bluerun’s pic reminded me of this iconic photo - she’s John Landy except without Roger Bannister passing her up.

EPIC!!!

onemile

I ran 8 miles with a fartlek of:

2 x 1:30 hard / 1:30 moderate

4 x 1:00 hard / 1:00 moderate

4 x :30 hard / :30 moderate

4 x :15 hard / :15 moderate

Cyberic

Ha! A proper Mona workout! No extra 6 minutes 

onemile

Ha! A proper Mona workout! No extra 6 minutes 

yeah I was happy to remove the four extra 1:30's I did last time 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

If you need a getaway, it's sunny and 65 degrees right now in San Antonio.

Keep it in mind when Dec, Jan, and Feb roll around.

25 degrees here and we got 5 inches of snow yesterday

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

RunningOnSand

Nice, Onemile! I can't believe (and can believe) that you already got so many inches of snow!  and 

Totally epic pic Big grin

I ran 8 in 38*F, windy, totally cloud covered weather. I felt like I overdressed for the first 2 miles, then felt okay for the middle miles, and was getting cold by the final couple. I'm still cold. That's winter running for ya! Big grin

Whiskers, how close are the fires to you?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I think the pacemaker is finally settling in after 'thinking about it' for a while.  Got my last 'settings' in October and now don't have to go back for a year unless something goes wrong - hopefully not, knock on wood.  It took about a week after the settings for the pacemaker to say "ahhh, okay, I got it now..'  and it seemed to adjust.  Right after the adjustment I was feeling kind of tired and, like, this is not working, I want the old setting back.  But then it kicked in and now I've been having some really good running.  Still not speedy, but I am finally getting underneath 12-minute miles again.  Yesterday I ran at Camp Bullis military installation and my last mile was 11:07.   So gradually getting there.  3 miles done yesterday.

I like running at Camp Bullis.  I usually go after work and around 5 pm there is just about nobody on the base.  Nice empty streets to run on, the track area all to myself, very little traffic - I encountered 2 vehicles on my run/walk last night - and there is even a nice little gym - pretty small, but works for what I need - to take a shower after so I don't have to drive home all wet and sweaty.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Borrowing from the float interval idea? Basically about 20 minutes of good hard running - nice work.

Scotty...congrats on getting that mile pace down again...that's exciting stuff!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn