Beginners and Beyond

What, no Mondailies yet? (Read 21 times)

DavePNW

Come on, people!

Extra sluggish today. Maybe paying for 40 miles over the last 3 days. IDK. Mile 1 was 10:22! "Ran" 7 miles with 10 attempted strides.

Dave

Cyberic

10 on the mountain with howling wind

Half Crazy K 2.0

May do a short run later today. Been nicely telling neighbors to pick up their shit. We had high winds last night, like shake the house type. Guess what happened with the recycling people set out? I picked up the stuff that went into our yard, but I refuse to clean the field again. Anything with an address, I went there to tell them to clean up. I hope the one house is just kids home--the garage is open and was earlier but they don't answer the door. I stuck a note on their recycling bin with a pice of their stuff that blew into my yard. Petty? Maybe, but this has been an ongoing problem and DH and I are done cleaning up after everyone.

DavePNW

Incidentally, I actually have a physical meeting with a customer today. It's my first in-person work thing since starting this job last May. I am actually wearing pants that are not jeans. The last two times I've done that, as far as I can recall, were for my dad's funeral a few months ago, and before that when I interviewed for this job a year ago.

Dave

sdWhiskers

7 miles that got progressively faster. Didn't plan it but felt good. Transitioning from wearing long sleeve/shorts when running first thing in the morning to tank/shorts.

Also it's Spring Break! No, I'm not heading to Miami. Kid has the week off so I took it off too. Well, actually, I took off 4 days because I have a handful of emails to tend to throughout the week (and it's less work to just handle it than delegate). It's also kid's birthday week so several fun things planned like the Zoo, mini golf and more time at the beach.

Baboon

delicate flower

Whatcha say there, John and Jane Q. Citizen!!  2600 yard swim and 5.2 mile jog done, with four hours in between.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran 3 at lunch and with that, I ran more than last week, lol. Weights later.

Damaris

Cyberic

I ran 3 at lunch and with that, I ran more than last week, lol. Weights later.

1.5 times what you ran last week in one run! Congrats!

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Extra sluggish today.

That was me today, getting in 7 after yesterday's aggressive 14.  However, that put me over 200 for the month, which is my first 200+ month in over 1½ years.  Knock on wood, but I may be able to finish the entire 18 week training plan for the first time.  Usually some injury, illness, or weather event makes me miss at least a couple runs.  That said, I have my second shot on Wednesday.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Just wait for tomorrow

DavePNW

That was me today, getting in 7 after yesterday's aggressive 14.  However, that put me over 200 for the month, which is my first 200+ month in over 1½ years.  Knock on wood, but I may be able to finish the entire 18 week training plan for the first time.  Usually some injury, illness, or weather event makes me miss at least a couple runs.  That said, I have my second shot on Wednesday.

Nice job on the two bills!

Have fun after shot #2.  Mine is on 4/19, and my race is on 5/1. I guess if I'm going to put it in the middle of a training cycle, I could do worse. Deep enough into the cycle that most of the hay is in the barn; far enough in advance of the race to recover and build some immunity.

Dave

DavePNW

I forgot to mention, I ran past two chickens today. I'm running through suburban neighborhoods, but I know there are some people who keep chickens. These must have gotten loose somehow, they were just hanging around on by the sidewalk. Weird.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

2 on the treadmill and strength training. Garmin says I'm peaking, which is way better than what it was telling me before my 2 fall races.

DavePNW, a few years ago for Thanksgiving, we were going to the in-laws and there were 2 fancy looking chickens or roosters on their street. They lived in a 55+ community, so these were not something we would have expected to see.  I have yet to see it/ them, but someone living close to us has at the very least a rooster. I've heard it on many occasions.

onemile

I forgot to mention, I ran past two chickens today. I'm running through suburban neighborhoods, but I know there are some people who keep chickens. These must have gotten loose somehow, they were just hanging around on by the sidewalk. Weird.

I once ran past a peacock on the side of the road.

onemile

I ran 6. Today's technically a rest day but I thought a short easy run might help me feel better for tomorrow's workout