Beginners and Beyond

Guess it's my turn to start the TuesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I vote for FreeSoul and Rocky, so they won't have any mud....  

Who wants to come dig out my car?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning! 5 miles on the TM done. 3 of those were at MP, or so.

There's a new guy at the work gym. He also ran about 5 miles this morning, but he did it in about 35 minutes - showoff. I'm just jaded that the new guy is faster than me. Oh well, competition?

Was he running on the TM, Brrrr?   Wait till he gets about halfway done....and then unplug the machine....     

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Baboon: Great picture... Frame worthy, I'd say.

No snow here, but it did rain last night and the temperature is a chilly 67 right now.  Hopefully, I won't have to layer up for my 9 mile tempo run later tonight. By then it should be 72 or 73 so I should be ok.

Have a good day.

Yeah, Jack....these 'real winter' folks don't know the HELL we warm weather runners go through when the temp goes below 70! 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I will go by there and take pics 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

If this was your workout, what pace would you use for the ON's:

2 warm up
            20 x 1 minute on, 1 minute off
            2 cool down

So, this is 40 minute total fartlek with the "on" segments at 400m effort and the "off" segments at normal run pace."

I'm not sure exactly what 400m effort means. 400m race pace? 

LRB

If this was your workout, what pace would you use for the ON's:

2 warm up
              20 x 1 minute on, 1 minute off
              2 cool down

So, this is 40 minute total fartlek with the "on" segments at 400m effort and the "off" segments at normal run pace."

I'm not sure exactly what 400m effort means. 400m race pace? 

I would run them a little faster than "R" pace, which for me would be like the 400 meters of a mile race. A pace that is fast but not the breakneck pace of an all out mile.

B-Plus

All at mile pace?

10k/10k-5k/10k

onemile

I would run them a little faster than "R" pace, which for me would be like the 400 meters of a mile race. A pace that is fast but not the breakneck pace of an all out mile.

I thought R pace was the same as mile pace?

I just checked and Daniels puts R pace as 6:05 and Mile race pace as 6:01.  So you are saying slightly faster than R pace (6:05) but not the pace of an all out mile (6:01). So precisely 6:02-6:04? 

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Hit 90sec per 400 and you are golden.  Wink

LRB

I thought R pace was the same as mile pace?

I just checked and Daniels puts R pace as 6:05 and Mile race pace as 6:01.  So you are saying slightly faster than R pace (6:05) but not the pace of an all out mile (6:01). So precisely 6:02-6:04? 

lol

I don't have the book with me but mile pace, PR mile pace and "R" pace could vary depending on how recent your mile PR is and the fitness you were in at the time you ran it.

"R" pace also depends on the distance and is typically faster for 200's than 400's which of course you know.

For me an all out mile is much faster in the beginning than in the end or overall result so I should have clarified that.

LRB

Hit 90sec per 400 and you are golden.  Wink

6:02 'eh? That works, although she might wanna see some 5:59's a time or two as well. 

onemile

lol

I don't have the book with me but mile pace, PR mile pace and "R" pace could vary depending on how recent your mile PR is and the fitness you were in at the time you ran it.

"R" pace also depends on the distance and is typically faster for 200's than 400's which of course you know.

For me an all out mile is much faster in the beginning than in the end or overall result so I should have clarified that.

My assumption was originally around mile pace and then I wasn't sure if I could handle 20 minutes of that pace...

But, it looks like I am supposed to run them at the pace I would do 400's in a workout - near 5k pace.  Whew.

LRB

But, it looks like I am supposed to run them at the pace I would do 400's in a workout - near 5k pace.  Whew.

Shit, that's a cakewalk for you. You might as well do your taxes while you're running them to keep from getting bored. 

onemile

Shit, that's a cakewalk for you. You might as well do your taxes while you're running them to keep from getting bored. 

I will try to do them a little faster so I don't fall asleep. 

LRB

I will try to do them a little faster so I don't fall asleep.