Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins - It's Great To Be Alive! (Read 27 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It’s bucket chemistry.  Large batches, gallon buckets, paper cups and tongue depressors.

Gee, kinda sounds like a  hospital patients' room for a food poisoning epidemic....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

HAHAHA! I was thinking something along those lines. It all made sense until I read tongue depressors...

It’s bucket chemistry.  Large batches, gallon buckets, paper cups and tongue depressors.

Gee, kinda sounds like a  hospital patients' room for a food poisoning epidemic....

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Philliefan33

Ew.  I may look at my lab in a different light tomorrow.

Jimmy, the tongue depressors are for stirring smaller pots of paint.

GinnyinPA

Gustav - that's a good anniversary to remember.  Life is precious, and almost losing someone you love can really reinforce that understanding.

Jerry - enjoy your short run and long weekend.

Damaris - sounds like you had a good run.  I'm glad your husband is able to run again.

Bin - was the rain cooling?  Do you and your wife not cook?  You always talk about going to your mom's for home-cooked meals.  Congratulations about reaching (and soon surpassing) your yearly goal.  I was on track for that until I got injured.

Margo - Sorry about the move adding to your commute time.   My husband had to quit a job once when they moved his office an extra hour away.  Enjoy your hills this evening.

Jack - hope you had a good run.  Schedules are meant to be adjusted as life allows.

Jimmy - could be a torn meniscus, or bad tendonitis or torn ITB.  Hope you're able to find time to see a doctor soon.

Z - enjoy your social run.  I would love to do that, but between my injuries and my normal slow pace, it hasn't been possible to join any of our local group runs.

HopesMom - have fun at chorus tonight.

Awood - I'm glad your cold is easing up.  Hopefully by Saturday you will be completely clear.  In any case, taking it easy this week will help your legs feel rested.

Mitch - too much caffeine this morning or too much fiber last night?  Enjoy your race Saturday.

Cherie- that's a cute puppy.

Scotty - nice run.  Glad it's cooling off for you.  I know what you mean about seeing things that aren't there.  I don't know how many stumps I've seen that looked like bears.  Or bears that looked like stumps.

AFM:  We went to a nearby state park for a good short hike.  Temperature was about 70.  The leaves are starting to turn, so we walked up to an overlook to see how much color shows on the nearby hills.  Not spectacular yet, but still lovely.  We had the trails to ourselves today, only one person with dog near the parking lot.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3.5  slow, tired miles, but back on the deck for a nap.  Hope to get out on the Des Plaines River Trail again this weekend.  Can't believe that DW liked running on dirt.  Feel better Jimmy.

Dad on the run.

yea... I call those paint sticks...

Smile

Ew.  I may look at my lab in a different light tomorrow.

Jimmy, the tongue depressors are for stirring smaller pots of paint.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I went ahead and did my run. It was a 10 mile tempo run w 6@7:45.  Day off tomorrow and a busy weekend ahead...

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Guys....I almost flew off a treadmill.

So....my cousin was in NYC last night, staying in Times Square, for a business conference. She lives in CA and I see her only once every 2-3 years usually, so I went to meet her last night and didn't get to bed til 2:00am so there was NO WAY I was getting up at 5:30-6:00 to run. I worked til 7:00, and I don't like beginning runs after sundown, so dreadmill it was. I HATE THAT THING UGH! So I put on the Mets game (my gym has TVs for each machine), and David Wright got hit by a pitch and it alarmed me so much I screamed out loud and lost my footing and went flying! I was able to grab the handles and keep myself from flying all the way off but it was SO embarrassing! I also accidentally yelled other things at the TV too forgetting I was in a crowded gym, like calling the Brewers pitcher a piece of shit out loud after he hit TWO Mets batters in a row. OOPS.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Bin Running

Jimmy, that kind of pain is not usual.. Get it checked.. Probably nothing to get you off work.. maybe just 1-2 hrs away during lunch to see the Doc?

Ginny, we don't cooked much.. My in-law does the cooking for me on 1-2 days a week while she at my place.. Let's say I haven't got used to it yet.. haa.. There's something magical with my mum's cooking.. Big grin

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar