Beginners and Beyond

Beardless Friday Penguins (Read 15 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

So apparently DH was trimming his beard yesterday, and the height guide on his razor failed, and he gave himself a reverse beard mohawk.  Then he decided there was just no fixing it, so he shaved off his beard.  Yesterday was the first time I've seen his actual chin!!  He hates his beardlessness, says his chin is too cold.  I'll be happier when it grows back too -- it's a little strange after 13+ years!!

Happy Friday to all, woo-hoo!!  I'll be out of touch Monday and Tuesday, sitting on an NSF panel.  Don't throw too many wild parties in the igloo while I'm gone!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - My husband was bearded when I met him and has been most of the past 24 years, but every once in a while he shaves, for various reasons like visiting the dermatologist.  It is always a bit strange to look up and see a stranger.  I like him with a beard or without, but I hate the in-between scratchy stage when it starts growing back.

I'm not sure what I'm doing today.  My adductor is hurting (Scotty - did you pass it on?) and I'm not sure whether running will make it worse or not.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Beardless my entire life. No moustache either.  I did have sideburns in college Smile

Brilliant

Hello Penguins,

My 20yo son has a beard.

Hopesmom, I am going to a church potluck on Sunday; does that count as a wild party? Wink

Ginny, did you end up running or anything today?

Jerry, pics? Wink

I ran hills today.  That was one of the hardest runs I've ever done, ever.  I dripped a trail of sweat into my house.  My family hates my running. Smile

GinnyinPA

Allison - they may complain, but I bet they're really proud of you and how hard you work.

And no, I decided to give my leg a rest. I had a bunch of errands to do anyhow, so didn't really miss the run. It's funny, I can run without much if any pain, and walk just fine, but for the past few weeks, after I run hard or long I get  pain like osteitis pubis or, hamstring/glute pain, or for the past couple of days, adductor pain.  It lasts all evening and sometimes into the morning, but then it goes away. On the days when I don't run, I'm absolutely fine. My body is telling me to stop, but that just isn't an acceptable solution.  Not running is worse than dealing with a few hours of fairly manageable pain, especially since it doesn't hurt while I'm actually moving.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hello Penguins,

My 20yo son has a beard.

Hopesmom, I am going to a church potluck on Sunday; does that count as a wild party? Wink

Ginny, did you end up running or anything today?

Jerry, pics? Wink

I ran hills today.  That was one of the hardest runs I've ever done, ever.  I dripped a trail of sweat into my house.  My family hates my running. Smile

I forgot what sweat is Smile