Beginners and Beyond

2020 goals (Read 38 times)

RunningOnSand

Are you guys ready to lay them out there?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm figuring mine out right now lol.

1. To complete TWO marathons 
      2. To participate and complete my first ever ultra-marathon
      3. Stay healthy
      4. Stay strong
      5. Don't do anything stupid

Specific Goals

• Go! St. Louis Marathon - March 29 (or is it the 28th?)
      • Backside Trail Marathon - April 26
      • Honest Abe Trail Marathon - September

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

AWW YEAH

1. Stay healthy!! Keep up with strength/stretching/rolling/prehab. Every run has a purpose. If it stops serving that purpose, call it off. ALL other goals are contingent upon the Big Number One.

2. Keep streaking! 10-15 minute shuffle is nothing at this point. I'm past 9 months now, definitely want to see if I can make it to a year and then see if I can keep on going from there. Mindset is so important here - keeping up the streak for fun is different than being a slave to it, and if I get to the point where it's detrimental I'll consider terminating it. So far it's been great though.

3. Targeting 3000 miles; should be doable. I won't be upset if I fall a little short though.

4. Race goals!!

A. Drop mile into the 5:30s. This will be imminently doable - just have to take off 4 seconds to hit the upper end of the range and will have many opportunities to hit it between now and the end of March.

B. Boston: train with 3:05-3:10 in mind, but adjust that as it gets closer, and of course bear the conditions in mind on race day. If it's warm or very wet, just have fun, enjoy the day, and run a smart, even race.

C. Race more often than last year. Like REALLY race. Don't sign up for races and then jog them or tempo them and get cranky that I didn't race them after the fact - I am slowly learning that it's possible for a race effort and a PR effort to be different things at different times in the training cycle and when a race effort isn't a PR effort, that doesn't make it useless.

D. Fall goals are purposely a bit open-ended. I know for sure I'll be sub-3 marathon someday in the not-too-distant future, but too soon to tell if that will be possible this year or not - if I drop my 5K into the high 18s/sub-40 10K in the first half of the year, I'll feel more comfortable officially declaring it as a fall goal. Most likely I will race something flat/fast and go for a PR either way, but if Boston goes really well I may take a break from the marathon grind and do a higher-mileage focused half marathon cycle or something instead.

LRB

A) 3:14

B) 2,800 miles

C) An unassisted pistol squat - both legs

A is a NYCMQ. B would be a step up from my personal best set last year and C is something that would completely blow my mind if I can pull it off.

LRB

Are you guys ready to lay them out there?

Only if you are. 

DavePNW

C) An unassisted pistol squat - both legs

I had to look this up. LOL nope.

Dave

LRB

I had to look this up. LOL nope.

Pretty much my response whenever I'm asked if I can do it (usually by a PT). It's not required for anything we do, it's just switching things up in terms of goals for a change.

DavePNW

Pretty much my response whenever I'm asked if I can do it (usually by a PT). It's not required for anything we do, it's just switching things up in terms of goals for a change.

Well of course the guy in the video I watched makes it look easy. Then I try, and I bend my standing leg about 10 degrees and stop.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

ALL THE PRS.

Really, I just want an A bib, but I’m pretty sure that’s not going to happen, so I’ll settle for a marathon PR. And a Boston that’s not a shit show like last time.

Though before that I should say “stay healthy.” (Or really “get healthy,” but whatever.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

PR something. Don't get fat. Have more good runs than bad ones. Learn how to program a workout into my watch.

DavePNW

1. 2500 miles

2. <3:20 marathon

3. HM PR

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

RunningOnSand

PR something. Don't get fat. Have more good runs than bad ones. Learn how to program a workout into my watch.

This made me lol. And scratch my head and think that my goals should be similar!

RunningOnSand

Only if you are. 

I’m trying to figure out what’s realistic, yet slightly hard. Vs what I want. 

want:

1. injury free
                              2. strength train consistently 2x/wk—strengthen core, hips, butt, and get the definition back in my arms
                              3. 2000mi
                              4. PR at the HM
                              5. have fun

realistically I think more like 1500 miles if I am not marathon training, which makes me wonder if #4 is possible. I really just want to regain my love for running, get stronger, run consistently, and clean up my diet. And maybe get strong enough to do pistol squats on both legs. 

Baboon

delicate flower

Win more crap.

<3