Beginners and Beyond

TGIFriDAILIES (Read 36 times)

bluerun

Super B****

We work on Friday after Thanksgiving, but that ended up being luckily my off Friday so I don't have to come in (I normally take it off when it isn't but since there are only 3 other attorneys here instead of 5 and I'm the newer one, I didn't want to abuse but can't help it, it's my day, lol).

Try not to sound so devastated

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

This is some kind of joke, isn't it?

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

^ just be glad it’s a 10k and not anything longer. Didn’t you run your HM PR in weather like that?

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

^ just be glad it’s a 10k and not anything longer. Didn’t you run your HM PR in weather like that?

No, the weather was pretty perfect for my HM PR. It was raining and windy on the day of my marathon PR, but it was also ten degrees warmer, which makes a big difference

chasing the impossible

RunningOnSand

I need a miracle, not luck, but thank you! 😂

Doing a workout to get to work seems like such an efficient use of time! Imagine all the extra sleep you can get out of it...

LOL. This is totally where my mind goes with that, too. Big grin

sdWhiskers

I would die.

RunningOnSand

Gosh that sucks. It also depends on whether it's a heavy rain or more like sprinkling...hopefully it's the latter.

RunningOnSand

My weather forecast for next weekend: Saturday night, snow showers mixing with rain showers, low 31. Sunday 40% chance of rain, high 40. But race starts at 7:00 so probably not going to get over mid-30s. OK with those temps, but with rain it would suck. And IDK what the footing will be like depending on what kind of mess comes down Saturday night. Anyway it sounds like long sleeves & gloves, at least. Maybe even a hat, at least for the early miles.

The thing that would suck the most is whether there's sleety puddles on the ground. At least for me. But it usually doesn't get cold enough to freeze the ground, right? and since it's on major roads, and you guys have good drainage, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Baboon

delicate flower

My weather forecast for next weekend: Saturday night, snow showers mixing with rain showers, low 31. Sunday 40% chance of rain, high 40. But race starts at 7:00 so probably not going to get over mid-30s. OK with those temps, but with rain it would suck. And IDK what the footing will be like depending on what kind of mess comes down Saturday night. Anyway it sounds like long sleeves & gloves, at least. Maybe even a hat, at least for the early miles.

My too-early-to-take-seriously forecast says high 50's at the start, peaking in the upper 60's by the end of my race.  Similar to when I ran it in 2017 but a couple of degrees warmer.  If it was just me, I'd take your weather, but since I'll be down there with a crew of five and they'd prefer a nice day, I'll take my forecast.  I figure the warm weather may cost me five minutes and I am ok with that.

<3

onemile

My too-early-to-take-seriously forecast says 28 and snow. I'm just hoping the roads are clear and not icy or snow covered

DavePNW

too-early-to-take-seriously forecast 

For now I am telling myself this & trying not to worry about it.

Dave

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Lots of runs done in dress socks here, and a few without underwear too. I actually don't mind the dress sock look too much as I kinda like the 7" socks.

Just a quick run after work today and then something in the medium range this weekend to try and get my distance back up. Good luck to those that are racing (maybe just Blue and Baboon next week?).

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Baboon

delicate flower

For now I am telling myself this & trying not to worry about it.

Well at least we can all agree that bluerun is pretty much screwed.

<3

KCRuns

Good job on the workout/commute!

Thank you!

I need a miracle, not luck, but thank you! 😂

Doing a workout to get to work seems like such an efficient use of time! Imagine all the extra sleep you can get out of it...

By cutting out cool down time at home before showering (I now cool down at my desk working for a few minutes) and cutting out bus time, I save about 40 minutes.  Plus, I get ready faster at the gym (in my work building) than I do at home since there are no distractions, so all in all I get up about an hour later than I would if I had to get ready at home and still commute after my run.  You would think that translates into an extra hour of sleep, but it really means I just stay up later the night before   But it does make it easier to get 8+ hours of sleep most nights.

From the Internet.

Happy Friday!

Workout today was an ass-kicker, oof. 4x5 minutes hard, which coach then clarified should be faster than [5K] race pace and I could take as much recovery as I needed, no upper limit on it. Oof. I did not even hit 5K race pace but it's also the first time I've tried to run that hard on the road in a workout setting in... I don't remember how long. The effort was definitely HARD and I needed the long recoveries so I guess I got the intended stimulus even if the pace wasn't there. Next weekend will be interesting but then I get to race on the track for a while. Predictable surfaces and temperatures FTW!