Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 58 times)

Little Blue

Happy Friday, runners!

I was going to make it a RD, because I was planning to run a 5K with my SIL tomorrow.  But she's bailed on me.  So I went to the park and ran a pretty fast 3.1, then one more slower mile.  All told, 4 run, 6 walked.  And one hole in my sock.

Tomorrow I'll go to my 5-yr-old nephew's soccer game.  Those are always entertaining.

Baboon

delicate flower

Boon, do you do anything in the pool to simulate open water swimming? Or do you just swim in open water for that?

No.  Yes.  The pool is just all about conditioning.  I do much better in the open water because of the wetsuit, which indicates I need to use the pool more.  There is no simulation though for the carnage that is the start of a triathlon.

<3

Cyberic

This reminds me of being in Vegas when it rained once, it was total chaos. People were hitting poles and driving off roads and shit, and it wasn't really raining all that hard.

Those things always crack me up when I see them on the news. That or a city is completely paralysed because there's 1/16" of snow on the ground. Cars can't go up 1% hills, fender benders everywhere...

onemile

No.  Yes.  The pool is just all about conditioning.  I do much better in the open water because of the wetsuit, which indicates I need to use the pool more.  There is no simulation though for the carnage that is the start of a triathlon.

You could ask your wife to swim in front of you and try to kick you in the face?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Have you gone to the doc about your pain FS?

Why the heck would I want to do that?  and be told something I really don't want to hear, nah it's just something that was warning me to rest months ago and I never listened.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

Very glad. Ran 7 miles, easy, and they felt as they are supposed to feel: easy. Pace was 8:15. Checked afterwards, did not mind while running.  My legs do not feel springy yet. That might happen after this coming weekend in which I'll only run 16 miles total.

I do get anxiety moments at times, They are not tapered related, but less than 10 days to M day related.

If your legs feel springy right now, you are peaking too early.  Your body should start to feel rested but your legs should still feel a little heavy and lethargic.  Looks like you're right on schedule so far.    

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

You could ask your wife to swim in front of you and try to kick you in the face?

That is good in theory but that would require me having the ability to keep up with her.

<3

Cyberic

If your legs feel springy right now, you are peaking too early.  Your body should start to feel rested but your legs should still feel a little heavy and lethargic.  Looks like you're right on schedule so far.    

That pretty much describes how my legs and I feel

Cyberic

Good one! 

LRB

Very glad. Ran 7 miles, easy, and they felt as they are supposed to feel: easy. Pace was 8:15. Checked afterwards, did not mind while running.  My legs do not feel springy yet. That might happen after this coming weekend in which I'll only run 16 miles total.

I do get anxiety moments at times, They are not tapered related, but less than 10 days to M day related.

MTA: I get those anxiety moments before I need to talk in front of an audience, before I have to play music in front of people... They will get more frequent as M- day approaches.

I usually do not feel "springy" until two or three days out oddly, it's weird.

As far as the race and anxiety, it's the slowest pace you will run in a event (compared to a half or shorter distance which are more painful), so any pressure you feel is really just your mind wandering. Shake your head and get it back into focus.  Smile

LRB

LRB

That is good in theory but that would require me having the ability to keep up with her.

Too bad she can't tow you.

onemile

I usually do not feel "springy" until two or three days out oddly, it's weird.

As far as the race and anxiety, it's the slowest pace you will run in a event (compared to a half or shorter distance which are more painful), so any pressure you feel is really just your mind wandering. Shake your head and get it back into focus.  Smile

Are they more painful? I am not sure. It's a different kind of pain but I don't think it's necessarily lesser.

onemile

Too bad she can't tow you.

She could swim behind him and grab his ankle and pull him under...

Baboon

delicate flower

Are they more painful? I am not sure. It's a different kind of pain but I don't think it's necessarily lesser.

The pace ain't easy...it's just a pace you can maintain for 26.2 miles.  Or if you are like me, it is a pace you can maintain for 21-22 miles.

<3