Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Solstice (Read 32 times)

DavePNW

Docket, KC, and Whiskers are all on the same team.

Dave

DavePNW

I joined as an individual in 2020.

There’s a guy on my team who ran 2:36 at the Hartford Marathon this year. No Ryan Root, but not too shabby. We might get some race points.

MTA: also ran a 2:36 in 2017, only 15 sec difference.

Dave

sdWhiskers

LRB

I have no B&B people on my 2020 team. 

There are a couple of former posters there. It seems the internet is loaded with them, we wear on people.

Cyberic

I joined Baboon and Lauren as an individual.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Woot. Too bad I am never on my coach’s team so for us not to sabotage each other lol

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I have no B&B people on my 2020 team. 

This year was the first year I was on a team with B&B people (Docket & Onemile). Usually there are none, like for 2020.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

There is the one on July 4th here that is a straight shot down the road. There may be others but there is clearly a dearth of choices for that distance, road, track otherwise.

Gotta be talking about the Clawson Firecracker Mile! I've run it a number of times; both for time and with my daughter for fun. It's a great race. Runs right before the parade so you have cheering crowds and everything. One year, two Kenyan runners were there and one, maybe both, went under 4:00.  Hansons runner also frequently show up.  Slight downhill and west to east so most of the time you get the wind at your back.  If, for some reason, you are in the Detroit area on July 4th, worth checking out.