Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Solstice (Read 32 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ours was IMAX 2D. We have watched movies in 4D but I hate 3D and 4D

Damaris

sdWhiskers

Me too. But this week was pretty atypical. This week is much more chill and we have almost nothing on the agenda (except for Christmas celebrations and seeing Star Wars! Oh and going to Mexico).

Awesome!!

From the Internet.

5:49.?? waiting on official results still but I did a BRAVE and managed to sneak under 5:50 according to coach. Definitely have things to work on from here - had a couple of slow laps in the middle where I got caught pacing off of someone I should have passed; probably not touching the pipe dream goal of 5:30 just yet but maybe will go under 5:40 before the end of the season!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job!

there is a mile race here in the Summer but I am unsure I want to die lol.

Damaris

LRB

5:49.?? waiting on official results still but I did a BRAVE and managed to sneak under 5:50 according to coach. Definitely have things to work on from here - had a couple of slow laps in the middle where I got caught pacing off of someone I should have passed; probably not touching the pipe dream goal of 5:30 just yet but maybe will go under 5:40 before the end of the season!

That's nice and all but WHAT DID THE POD RECORD??

sdWhiskers

7 total miles this morning. I waited for daylight so had to split my miles with some at home and some around the park where DS had tennis lessons. Then we drove over to pick up MrW at the finish line of a HM. Perfect running weather! His PR is still 10 minutes slower than mine though 

Don't forget there is football on today for some reason.

sdWhiskers

Nice job!

there is a mile race here in the Summer but I am unsure I want to die lol.

Is it on the track or road? I would love to do several mile races BUT not on the track where I will get lapped. The only road one around here had my coach as the race director but she's decided not to do it in 2020 

sdWhiskers

Great job Baboon and Lauren!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I still have not experienced the pod and the Garmin having different distances. Waaahhh

Damaris

Cyberic

Damn! That's fast, girl! Glad for you hard work is paying off.

From the Internet.

1.03 but I crossed the finish line before I pressed the button. So that's probably pretty decent accuracy?

Lol the pod also dropped my critical power so that's rude 

From the Internet.

Is it on the track or road? I would love to do several mile races BUT not on the track where I will get lapped. The only road one around here had my coach as the race director but she's decided not to do it in 2020 

MOVE TO BOSTON! These are fun and run by seed time - not too much lapping goes on, even in the last heat where there's a bit more of a spread!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lauren, ,nicec race!

Whiskers, not convenient for you, but there are several road miles here. A city about 45 minutes west of me has at least 4 mile races throughout the year. I did one around Fort McHenry in the summer and will heopfully do that one again. At least 2 running clubs have them on the track and tend to run heats based on speed.

From the Internet.

OH AND THE MOST IMPORTANT PART! My daughter and two of her friends ran today too - 400 and 200, results are up now and she ran 1:27 in the 400, 39 in the 200. And she hugged me until she felt better after running as hard as she could, so if any of y'all need to make your growing child cuddly again I guess track is one way to do it? Was very sweet <3

LRB

OH AND THE MOST IMPORTANT PART! My daughter and two of her friends ran today too - 400 and 200, results are up now and she ran 1:27 in the 400, 39 in the 200. And she hugged me until she felt better after running as hard as she could, so if any of y'all need to make your growing child cuddly again I guess track is one way to do it? Was very sweet <3

Wow, that's awesome!