Beginners and Beyond

Have a good run, Penguins, it's Friday... (Read 28 times)

Zelanie

Traci- Congrats on the 4-miler!

My book club read Mink River. It was a pretty good story set in a fictional Oregón coastal town.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Thanks for all the kind words.  SRD for me today and it's 10 in the morning before the swim meet.

Traci: Well done on the PAIN FREE four!! Smile

GinnyinPA

Congratulations Tracilynn!  Another runner successfully overcoming injury - good news.

Coralie - I hope you managed to get your 3 in to make 15 for the week.  Or maybe since yesterday was such a big day, rest today and run tomorrow?

I ended up on the TM, which was just as well.  I was still tired after yesterday's intervals and had no energy, so doing the hills would not have been happiness.  (The first mile out of my house is about 100-150' climb, no matter which direction I go.)  The rain stopped soon after I finished my 4 miles.

Sloooow.

Ginny- Glad you got a run in! I did 3 miles, but I needed 3.7 for 15. My groin started bugging me a little so I called it a day. I'll take the weekend to rest and give myself a break Smile I'm very happy with 14.3.

Has anyone read Born to Run? I thought it was an excellent book. As soon as I finished it I Googled the characters to see what everyone is up to. One of them is dead! Was such a bummer to find out.

Bin Running

10 good run miles for coach.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I had 7.75 good run miles today.

I'm really thinking of just knocking out 13 in the morning for an even 50 this week, and then taking Sunday off.  I like that idea.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013