Beginners and Beyond

2018: Fancy seeing you here (Read 71 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

oldfartrunner

OFR - Did it look something like this?  Yeah, that'll get your HR up.

Yeah, but the dude must of been old cause he was fat!  I've seen a big assed timber rattler one time that was 6' and really fat too in Southern Mo.

oldfartrunner

I'm not shittin Damaris!  This one was the Grand Daddy of Black snakes. They say the only get 6', but that is probably only average. A snake gets fat when they get old too.  It felt like stepping on a person or something. Yuck!

sdWhiskers

I haven't thought too much about this yet because I have my first marathon in 10 days. I have no idea how I'll feel afterwards. Maybe I'll want to run a few days later? Or take a month break? Or never run again? Ha! Who knows.

With that said...

1) I enjoy running and racing in different places so I hope to add a few new states to the list.

2) I'd also like to do a few trail races this spring (5K to maybe HM).

3) I did a Ragnar Relay last year which was a lot more fun than expected. Would love to do another one.

4) Maybe meet some running buddies? I run 100% solo

Hmmm, no time goals on my list. PR the 5K is always a goal but never enough for me to want to focus on it. I always just hope it happens along the way to other races.

oldfartrunner

I haven't thought too much about this ye, t because I have my first marathon in 10 days. I have no idea how I'll feel afterwards. Maybe I'll want to run a few days later? Or take a month break? Or never run again? Ha! Who knows.

With that said...

1) I enjoy running and racing in different places so I hope to add a few new states to the list.

2) I'd also like to do a few trail races this spring (5K to maybe HM).

3) I did a Ragnar Relay last year which was a lot more fun than expected. Would love to do another one.

4) Maybe meet some running buddies? I run 100% solo

Hmmm, no time goals on my list. PR the 5K is always a goal but never enough for me to want to focus on it. I always just hope it happens along the way to other races.

Hard to find a good running buddy.  They got to run similar pace, be on time , and you have to "click". This means kinda think like you do too. I've only had two, and they were back in the day.  It's just a hassle running with someone usually.

sdWhiskers

Hard to find a good running buddy.  They got to run similar pace, be on time , and you have to "click". This means kinda think like you do too. I've only had two, and they were back in the day.  It's just a hassle running with someone usually.

Plus I don't want to have to drive far. And if it's a guy, he can't be sketchy!

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I think you just lost about 90% of your choices. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

KCRuns

I run most of my long runs with my SIL.  We made an agreement from the beginning that we don't always *have* to stay together the whole time.  We start together and chat for several miles (usually half/sometimes most of the miles we're doing that day).  If one of us feels like going ahead (or slowing down), we split up.  We meet up at the end and then go get breakfast.  It's the only way we could think of to be able to run together regularly but never feel like we were holding the other one back (or pushing them too hard).  Because we set it up like that from the beginning, no one gets hurt feelings or feels like they're not getting the run they need/want that day.

Sometimes I run with another friend during the week.  We warm up together along the lakefront and then do speed work on the track at our own paces, then cool down together on the lake front.  She's a lot faster than me, and I can't keep up with her on regular runs, but by only doing warm up/cool down together we still get the benefit of a running buddy without sacrificing pace.

Cyberic

Yup. I have an occasional running buddy I like: same pace, on time, we have stuff to say, but our work schedules are not aligned so well, and we don't live close enough. For quick runs, he goes with his neighbor.

I drive to run only for races. Rest of the time I start running from my door step. That limits my available friends, too.

Cyberic

DavePNW

I run 100% solo

+1. I like to run when I want, how far I want, and how fast I want. Me, me, me. (Also when PM issues need to be addressed, there's that.)

Although I will say the small handful of times I've run with other people, it's been fun. And there's actually a running club that runs on my regular route on Fridays; a few times I've ended up at the right place at the right time & hooked up with them for their last couple miles. But haven't taken the initiative to actually meet at their appointed starting place/time. Although I could.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I run most of my long runs with my SIL.  We made an agreement from the beginning that we don't always *have* to stay together the whole time.  We start together and chat for several miles (usually half/sometimes most of the miles we're doing that day).  If one of us feels like going ahead (or slowing down), we split up.  We meet up at the end and then go get breakfast.  It's the only way we could think of to be able to run together regularly but never feel like we were holding the other one back (or pushing them too hard).  Because we set it up like that from the beginning, no one gets hurt feelings or feels like they're not getting the run they need/want that day.

Sometimes I run with another friend during the week.  We warm up together along the lakefront and then do speed work on the track at our own paces, then cool down together on the lake front.  She's a lot faster than me, and I can't keep up with her on regular runs, but by only doing warm up/cool down together we still get the benefit of a running buddy without sacrificing pace.

KC: You have a very nice set up there!

When I do track workouts, I run them at the same time and place that my coach and her racing team are there. So I'm running by myself...but with a few other people. Their slowest recovery jog is still faster than my fastest pace, but IDGAF. I may never run sub25 5K, let alone sub17-18, Lol.

sdWhiskers

+1. I like to run when I want, how far I want, and how fast I want. Me, me, me. (Also when PM issues need to be addressed, there's that.)

Although I will say the small handful of times I've run with other people, it's been fun. And there's actually a running club that runs on my regular route on Fridays; a few times I've ended up at the right place at the right time & hooked up with them for their last couple miles. But haven't taken the initiative to actually meet at their appointed starting place/time. Although I could.

I've tried a few different running groups around my area but there's never anyone that's close to my pace so I just end up running by myself anyways. Which makes me feel super lame.

I'd like to run with my DH... but we have a little guy, so one of us has to push the stroller. We do this sometimes but not regularly.

oldfartrunner

I think you just lost about 90% of your choices. 

This. Don't trust guys, find a woman running partner.  It's not worth being wrong.

RunningWithMyDog

Find my mojo again, and punch my ticket back to Boston.