Beginners and Beyond

Finally FriDAILIES (Read 31 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think what you guys are getting now is "second winter".

That is so true it is absolutely frightening, though second summer lasts longer than a week.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I think what you guys are getting now is "second winter".

It's the beginning of February. Still the first winter by anyone's standard. Fool's spring doesn't happen til March, second winter and then a third in April.

LRB

That is so true it is absolutely frightening, though second summer lasts longer than a week.

In Michigan, second sunmer is from Labor Day till the following Sunday.

RunningOnSand

I ran 4.7

Cyberic

It's the beginning of February. Still the first winter by anyone's standard. Fool's spring doesn't happen til March, second winter and then a third in April.

Sounds about right Smile

Cyberic

In Montreal, second sunmer is from Labor Day till the following Sunday.

Sounds about right

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

In Michigan, second summer is from Labor Day till the following Sunday.

I wish Autumn would last longer, it seems like it is the shortest season of them all.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I wish Autumn would last longer, it seems like it is the shortest season of them all.

In '17 it was amazing. In '18 it was trending towards amazing then November clucked our asses right in the head.  lol

onemile

In '17 it was amazing. In '18 it was trending towards amazing then November clucked our asses right in the head.  lol

November was the worst month of winter so far

LRB

November was the worst month of winter so far

lol - It was awful. Thank goodness we got a reprieve or we'd all be suicidal by now!

I will just STFU about weather, I have no dog in this fight.  I have a Chihuahua wearing a velour sweater and a rhinestone collar who doesn't know shit about the cold.  I leave it to the Rottweilers of winter.

Runs4Sanity, tell me about the Ravennas... I remember Onemile was thinking (long ago) that they looked similar to the Ghosts, and I checked them out and agreed, but never pulled the trigger on a pair.  Asics ruined one of my rotation shoes with a bad update, so I'm seeking a replacement.  What do you think of the Ravennas?

Dave, I get you on the wife.  My mom now lives in Eugene, so I can't be too mean about it.  But when people assume I'm "from" OR I get quite irate.  I am not.  I was not born there, and I did not ever live there.  I had been moved out of the house for a number of years and was fully adulting when my mom moved to Eugene.  The only thing OR has given me is a speeding ticket, which was not appreciated.  Nice trees and all, but I love my Puget Sound.

RD again.  I'm starting to get cranky from lack of running.  But I think rest is the right call.  The calves are feeling much better, they're now just "regular" sore.  I plan to seek out that massage next week.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I will just STFU about weather, I have no dog in this fight.  I have a Chihuahua wearing a velour sweater and a rhinestone collar who doesn't know shit about the cold.  I leave it to the Rottweilers of winter.

Runs4Sanity, tell me about the Ravennas... I remember Onemile was thinking (long ago) that they looked similar to the Ghosts, and I checked them out and agreed, but never pulled the trigger on a pair.  Asics ruined one of my rotation shoes with a bad update, so I'm seeking a replacement.  What do you think of the Ravennas?

Dave, I get you on the wife.  My mom now lives in Eugene, so I can't be too mean about it.  But when people assume I'm "from" OR I get quite irate.  I am not.  I was not born there, and I did not ever live there.  I had been moved out of the house for a number of years and was fully adulting when my mom moved to Eugene.  The only thing OR has given me is a speeding ticket, which was not appreciated.  Nice trees and all, but I love my Puget Sound.

RD again.  I'm starting to get cranky from lack of running.  But I think rest is the right call.  The calves are feeling much better, they're now just "regular" sore.  I plan to seek out that massage next week.

Me either, unless you want to talk about Summer, second through 12th summers? If so, I'm in.

Of course the Chihuahua is wearing rhinestones. I wish I could put some on my cats but I like myself alive.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

TM has been delivered but the dude told hubby that it didn't come with assembling, so I hope he assembles it before I get home...

Damaris

LRB

lol - arf! 🐶

DavePNW

The Ravenna used to be my favorite, until they broke them with the 7. I put >4000 miles on those things, then they changed something that gave me a pain at the top of my foot, and I had to stop wearing them. I actually ended up replacing them with the Ghost, even though Ravenna is a support shoe and Ghost is neutral. And now the Ghost is my new favorite.

I am pretty agnostic on WA vs OR since I am not a native, but certainly appreciate the distinction and how strongly people feel about it, particularly having married into an OR family. But still, vs. virtually the entire rest of the country, there are a lot more similarities than differences.

Dave