Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #133 (Read 30 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

My work has a screening you have to go through before you can enter. They ask about symptoms and travel. Then your department is supposed to do a second screening, but we've sort of told people to take their temperature at home since there are so few people in the building. If you've travelled out of state, you're supposed to self quarantine for 2 weeeks.

One of the local hospital groups is starting to offer the antibody tests to all employees. It's later than expected, in late April, the news story said it was going to start within a week. I expect at some point antibody testing will be offered at my work since I work for an affiliate of Johns Hopkins Hospital.

sdWhiskers

Our hospital isn’t testing any doctors or nurses either unless we’re symptomatic. Actually I heard in surgery they did test people because there was an exposure..in the ED though they aren’t testing any of us though, just taking our temperatures daily (I guess they figure were always exposed no matter what? Idk) Which is funny, because everyone I personally know that has gotten COVID didn’t even have a fever 

Yeah, the asymptomatic testing is what I mean.

With all the precautions with patients, he said he feels like the highest risk is in the nurses break room 

Half Crazy K 2.0

With all the precautions with patients, he said he feels like the highest risk is in the nurses break room 

Maryland has started universal testing in nursing homes because there have been so many outbreaks. Naturally, there are a large percent of positives with no symptoms.

12.5 😀 stream grade with 4 half-hills

mENTaLLy tough but legs fine

Runshortii

Lol I believe it

Runshortii

Maryland has started universal testing in nursing homes because there have been so many outbreaks. Naturally, there are a large percent of positives with no symptoms.

I think they want to do that in WI too. I read at some meat packing plant somewhere they had 370 positives, all of them with no symptoms

Half Crazy K 2.0

I think they want to do that in WI too. I read at some meat packing plant somewhere they had 370 positives, all of them with no symptoms

Not 100% sure, but I think they were testing everyone at one of the poultry plants on the eastern shore of MD due to the high number of cases.

9 miles. Today may have been the last run in the 50’s for awhile. It was beautiful!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wouldn’t use the breakroom and eat in my car or alone. 

Carmel Marathon canceled the marathon part. Finally a sense of finality and now I can defer to 2021.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You could order for yourself for lunch and then cook for everybody else.

There are around 25 mexican restaurants near my house. I order around 3-4 times a week from them. Have not ordered from all yet. LOL

But but but, I want their margarita... it just ain't the same, having a margarita at home...

Bob's Gym locations is making it mandatory to wipe down machines/benches/equipment before and after use, before this, people only wiped them down after use. I'm pretty good at the 6 ft distance, but others... not so much.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Morning peeps.

10 miles this morning on my blades

When you jump into something you go headfirst. When's your first 20 on them things?

LRB

But but but, I want their margarita... it just ain't the same, having a margarita at home...

Dining out is a treat for some but a chore for others. I've always enjoyed it and do miss it.

LRB

That's scary.

sdWhiskers

Not 100% sure, but I think they were testing everyone at one of the poultry plants on the eastern shore of MD due to the high number of cases.

They've done the same on some Navy ships (many are out of San Diego so it's in our news a lot). The number of positive but asymptomatic cases is crazy!

LRB

3.6 miles this morning with 14x :20/1:00 strides.  They were supposed to start at 5k and work my way down to mile pace, but it's been so long since I've pushed myself that I started just under 10k and worked my way down to a little below 5k pace.

This is where effort based training is invaluable. It keeps you from killing yourself trying to run a pace that you might not have the fitness for yet. It's also most practical until you get back up to speed so to speak. 👍