Beginners and Beyond

Hey Hey Hey Penguins - It's Saturday! (Read 28 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hey hey hey!! I've been a dailies slacker!!!

Just finished a distance PR run of 7 easy miles at 12:04 pace and felt great!!! Best run I've had in awhile!!! On a whim signed up for a 4M race tomorrow. Won't go all out though, but may run 2 or 3 of the miles at my desired 10K pace to see how it is feeling because I'm going to try again for sub 60 on July 4.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gustav, glad you made it safely past all the crazy drivers out there in your rain-soaked area.

Nice running, Dan!

Have a great weekend, Jerry!

Congrats on getting your miles in, Damaris, in all that stuff still hanging around.  I was watching on TV this morning that FL is having problems with all kinds of flooded roads in several areas.

Hope your DD's swim meet went well, Jack, and that you had a great 10-miler.

3:30 in the morning on a bike?  Dang, Jeff, hope you wore a LOT of reflective gear!  Enjoy your running tomorrow with the group.   Nice videos. funny...

Kristin, congrats on your run today and good luck with your race tomorrow!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone just got in from my room. 7 Mile long run done! Would read up on everyones post but have to go hop in the shower and get to my parents house. We are having dinner with them tonight. I wore the watch to track my mileage but turned off my pace so I would not know what I was running. I just got out there and kept it at a pace I felt like I could keep for 7 miles. Pretty damn happy with the results given the heat.

1 10:08.4 1.00 10:08
        2 10:06.2 1.00 10:06
        3 10:01.2 1.00 10:01
        4 9:56.5 1.00 9:57
        5 10:02.6 1.00 10:03
        6 10:05.5 1.00 10:05
        7 9:51.0 1.00 9:51

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

From the Internet.

*waves to everyone* Big grin

Gustav - I appreciate the offer, lol!

Ginny - I was originally in Mizuno Wave Precisions (super light, soft, neutral), then moved into Mizuno Wave Inspires which may have been a little more stability than I needed or something, I started getting shin-splint-like pain in a totally different part of my leg. Still have them, probably <20 miles total walking and running on them so I'm kinda bummed that it was too late to return them :c

Traci - Oh man running scared is my middle name. I've gotten superstitious now.. Running in calf sleeves, switching directions on the track so I'm not going only to the left, icing religiously right after every run, and foam rolling a couple times a day to keep the calves loose. TBH I dropped most of the PT exercises - I'll do them now and again if I remember but not every day. I lift weights a couple times a week and beyond that I just roll, stretch, and try to keep the leg muscles happy. I think the shoes were the last piece of the puzzle that needed sorting out, so hopefully as long as I keep being really conservative I'll be OK from here on out.