Beginners and Beyond

Supplements (Read 100 times)

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Where is Deer Antler spray in that picture?

Yugo8

My nutrition strategy:

1. Eat food

2. Repeat

I don't think I've ever taken a vitamin or supplement in my life. Update: still alive.

Me, too.

LRB

Glutamine is the bomb.  Though the chart disagrees with me, I think lol

I saw glucosamine but did not see glutamine.

Love the Half

I took Glucosamine and Chondroitin until I read the studies about it's lack of effectiveness and I decided I'd be better off training smarter and spending my money on beer.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Zelanie

What I think I'm seeing on both charts is that I am clearly not eating enough chocolate.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I took Glucosamine and Chondroitin until I read the studies about it's lack of effectiveness and I decided I'd be better off training smarter and spending my money on beer.

Indeed!!

Where is BEER on that flippin chart????

(No lie, my high-school best friend's dad used to tell us all the time of the benefits of beer.  When I would have dreams with him in it.......he was always holding a beer.  TRUTH!!) 

Randy

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Where is Deer Antler spray in that picture?

Yeah!  Or Rhino testicles...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Indeed!!

Where is BEER on that flippin chart????

(No lie, my high-school best friend's dad used to tell us all the time of the benefits of beer.  When I would have dreams with him in it.......he was always holding a beer.  TRUTH!!) 

You'd dream about a guy holding a beer....gee, I hope he was dressed!

And how long have you been in therapy now? 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

I take a vitamin D, a multi-vitamin and 2 glucosamine capsules a day and all it probably does is make a fool out of me and empty my wallet.

It does much more than that! It creates very expensive urine 

happylily

I should bottle it and sell it with the label "tonic for marathon runners" on it. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Vitamin D will be metabolized, for example, and so what comes out isn't Vitamin D but a chemically-modified-for-excretion metabolite and that isn't really worth much to anyone (I hope lol).    And I doubt glucosmine makes it through fully intact, too.

In addition, most people in northern climates could benefit from vit D supplementation.

happylily

Vitamin D will be metabolized, for example, and so what comes out isn't Vitamin D but a chemically-modified-for-excretion metabolite and that isn't really worth much to anyone (I hope lol).    And I doubt glucosmine makes it through fully intact, too.

In addition, most people in northern climates could benefit from vit D supplementation.

That is what my doc told me. And since I don't run outside, I figured a supplement of vitamin D would not hurt me.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Define "Northern Climate"

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Hip Redux

Define "Northern Climate"

Where you spend 4 months/year indoors due to the cold.

happylily

Where you spend 4 months/year indoors due to the cold.

Or where Santa lives?

SANTA CLAUS 
                                NORTH POLE 
                                HOH OHO CANADA