Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES; Winning a race that no one wants to win (Read 53 times)

LRB

Yeah, but that will only keep my palms warm.  The problem is my fingers!

My heaviest pair of gloves has a zippered pocket for heater packs, that places them on the back of the hands. At its coldest last year, I wore them there and another pair in my palms as well. Yep. Nope, my fingers were still like ten Popsicles!

I had got to the point where I was ready to order mittens (FFS) but mercifully, spring came!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

People were using mittens during the Miami Marathon.  Starting temps 45F.  LMFAO.

Damaris

LRB

I'm still on a search for decent running mittens.  Why is this so hard?!

Try here.

LRB

People were using mittens during the Miami Marathon.  Starting temps 45F.  LMFAO.

lol

bluerun

Super B****

My heaviest pair of gloves has a zippered pocket for heater packs, that places them on the back of the hands. At its coldest last year, I wore them there and another pair in my palms as well. Yep. Nope, my fingers were still like ten Popsicles!

I had got to the point where I was ready to order mittens (FFS) but mercifully, spring came!

That sounds perfect!!  Except... with gloves that fat, it's not like you've got any dexterity in your fingers anyway (I have a pair like that from back in my cycling days), so you may as well wear mittens.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Baboon

delicate flower

MITTENS!  Well her real name is Velocity, but I call her Mittens.  Because of her mittens.  She is also a pain in the ass, but she's ok, for a cat.

<3

LRB

MITTENS!  Well her real name is Velocity, but I call her Mittens.  Because of her mittens.  She is also a pain in the ass, but she's ok, for a cat.

That's a cool looking cat!

Half Crazy K 2.0

I was going to buy mittens this year but you're right, it's been easy breezy so far!

It was easy breezy here too, until Friday. Don't say it, type it, think it or you will jinx yourself. 30 fucking inches of snow......

LRB

It was easy breezy here too, until Friday. Don't say it, type it, think it or you will jinx yourself. 30 fucking inches of snow......

Yes, we've been walking on egg shells for three months (winter usually starts before Thanksgiving here), and just BARELY missed the system that hit east.

bluerun

Super B****

...I just ordered a pair of mittens.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

...I just ordered a pair of mittens.

Keeping up with the Joneses 'eh? 

Well I'll see your mittens and raise you two hard hats. Big grin

Zelanie

PLEASE POST PICS. We love oogling your cakes!

I will! Think I'm going to try and open-sided layer cake, so if the layers are messy it will show. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lower body weights. My county called off school for the rest of the week  now waiting to see about work. I have to go in Friday or use my time, may make an appearance tomorrow just to get some stuff done in peace. All the people bitching about the sidewalks and bus stops for kids, grab a shovel, you've had the free time.

Melanie, that came sounds amazing.

Docket, go home and rest.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I spent the whole day at work and feel fine. Wanted to run but the fact that is 83F has made me rethink that.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

I've got a one hour tempo run to do later.  I am not looking forward to it.

I wasn't expecting much out of this, so I treadmilled despite the nice weather just so I could bail if needed.  It went better than expected...

10 min w/u

20 min at 6:55 avg pace

10 min easy

20 min at 6:40 avg pace

8.25 miles total at 7:18 avg.  I'm glad it's done.

<3