Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday 4/19 - Running is my friend. (Read 32 times)

I actually did put my 5k time into the Daniels calc and it gave me 5:48. But I didn't aim for anything but to run them as fast as I could manage. I ended up being pretty close

I think the only time I ever had splits in the 5s was the one time I ran 200s, in a workout you designed for me. Then you chastised me for running them too fast, but I couldn't help myself.

I do think it would be kind of cool to try racing a mile sometime. Hard to find mile races that aren't kids' fun runs.

Dave

onemile

I think the only time I ever had splits in the 5s was the one time I ran 200s, in a workout you designed for me. Then you chastised me for running them too fast, but I couldn't help myself.

I do think it would be kind of cool to try racing a mile sometime. Hard to find mile races that aren't kids' fun runs.

That's because you only marathon train

I actually had a lot harder time hitting anything sub-6 last year, even for the shortest strides.  This year it hasn't been so hard to get my legs going.  Not sure that is good for anything though

LRB

I actually had a lot harder time hitting anything sub-6 last year, even for the shortest strides.  This year it hasn't been so hard to get my legs going.  Not sure that is good for anything though

It was good for a sub-20:00, apparently. 👍

Cyberic

I think it's better overall to throw all kinds of different things to our body, if done with caution. It also keeps things interesting.

I think it's better overall to throw all kinds of different things to our body, if done with caution. It also keeps things interesting.

I read an experienced runner wrote that over every ~2 week period, he liked to hit each race pace between mile and marathon.

Dave