Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday 4/19 - Running is my friend. (Read 32 times)

Cyberic

I ran 11-ish with

2 mile warm up
    3 sets of 600/500/400/300/200 - 90 seconds between each interval and 4 minutes between sets. 
    2 mile cool down

Must be complicated to program that workout in the watch. Good stuff, though.

Baboon, in those days you were a plain runner like us. Now you're a frigging Iron Man!

Baboon

delicate flower

Baboon, in those days you were a plain runner like us. Now you're a frigging Iron Man!

I still run more than most triathletes I know.  One reason I like my coach is that he skews triathlon training towards the run.

<3

onemile

I have had this workout before (but with 2 min recoveries) so I just had to modify it

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 9 and was done.  Stomach bug, too many stops.  Good thing I was on the TM.

Damaris

From the Internet.

5x1600, all between 7:15-17 with <90s jog recovery. That felt fantastic and I'm super happy!

No more marathons

I have had this workout before (but with 2 min recoveries) so I just had to modify it

Had to laugh at Addie's comment - "add some pep in your legs".

Ha, more like drive some nails in there.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

lol.

Damaris

No more marathons

PB - glad you're back at it.

Easy 5 today - tomorrow is 15 X 200 at 1500 pace.

Did this a month or so ago with 12.

She just keeps piling it on.

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

5x1600, all between 7:15-17 with <90s jog recovery. That felt fantastic and I'm super happy!

You should be.

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Which watches allow you to program that much detail?

And how do they alert you to a change?  Vibration? Sound? Both?

Do you program in garmin connect and then upload to the watch?

I'm really satisfied with my vivoactive - and it will do some simple alert type stuff but you have to program that directly into the watch - too much bother so I don't.

But it finds the satellites in about 5 seconds, and I only need to charge it about every  6 days (wear it as my all day, every day watch) so those are two big pluses.

But, one can never have too many gadgets.  Smile

He's a leaker!

onemile

Which watches allow you to program that much detail?

And how do they alert you to a change?  Vibration? Sound? Both?

Do you program in garmin connect and then upload to the watch?

I'm really satisfied with my vivoactive - and it will do some simple alert type stuff but you have to program that directly into the watch - too much bother so I don't.

But it finds the satellites in about 5 seconds, and I only need to charge it about every  6 days (wear it as my all day, every day watch) so those are two big pluses.

But, one can never have too many gadgets.  Smile

I have the Garmin 630 but I think you can do the same with the 230

Program it on garmin connect and sent it to the watch

It vibrates and beeps, yup

Smile

onemile

Yep, I think she meant to say trash your legs. I was supposed to go from 10k pace down to 1500m race pace 

DavePNW

Yep, I think she meant to say trash your legs. I was supposed to go from 10k pace down to 1500m race pace 

Ha. You'd have to know your 1500m race pace. Mine is F:TS.

Dave

DavePNW

I remember when I used to be near the top of the mileage chart.  Good times.

PR has no sympathy.

Dave

onemile

Ha. You'd have to know your 1500m race pace. Mine is F:TS.

I actually did put my 5k time into the Daniels calc and it gave me 5:48. But I didn't aim for anything but to run them as fast as I could manage. I ended up being pretty close