Beginners and Beyond

Feels like fall FriDAILIES (Read 48 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Oski we didn't used to have it so easy but a several years ago the city did the paved path down the main road. It is wonderful. I can do 10 in my neighborhood if I use a few of the longer cul de sacs Without too much repeat. But other neighborhood I have tons of options and many other sections to go through. Plus I can opt for sidewalk if it is early and trafficy or a busy weekend. Their is a nice normal bathroom with a real toilet and soap/water sink etc that I can stop if I need (golf course and it is right at the road so I don't have to sneak onto the course and it is around 4 miles from home, 3 if I run the route differently. .  Their are drinking fountains by a rec center I pass if I need them (which I don't go by often unless I'm doing my 20 miler ). I also can easily pop over to the grocery store to get water from drinking fountain or use the restroom. I love the options. And, there are 3 other neighborhoods I can run if I cross the main road (but best to cross only really really early or in weekends). They are smaller but good change of pace. I'm lucky to have options. Plus I can configure so many ways it is nice to not have to run the same route over and over.

Today I just went down a bunch of side streets while there to see what was happening.  Love then can just explore Smile.

Marjorie

outoftheblue

I just wish I could still run from my front door.   Since I moved to the foothills, I can't.  I live on a very steep, twisty road (no shoulder) that after 1 mile dumps out into a busy, 60 mph speed limit road, logging trucks whizzing by, etc.   Luckily there is a nice golf course community with a public park about a 15 minute drive from my house that's a good place to run.  There's not a ton of variety in the routes, but I can get up to 10 miles without having to repeat loops and the park has a drinking faucet and restroom.  I also invested in a Life Fitness treadmill that I pretty much do all my shorter/recovery runs on.

Life is good.

Hip Redux

3.7 miles.  Trying to concentrate on form I think results in worse form.   Thinking is hard.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

out of the blue, I am lucky in that I can run right out the door.  My complex is 7 miles long and the sidewalks outside help too, but I still get bored to run the same routes.

7 miles done.  These ones were like Flash Gordon fast.  I should stop running while listening to the last 6 miles of the marathon playlist.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

3.7 miles.  Trying to concentrate on form I think results in worse form.   Thinking is hard.

I had to switch the way I ran 3 years ago to concentrate on tucking my stomach to help with my lower back issues.  It took a while to do it unconsciously.  It will get better!

Damaris

outoftheblue

out of the blue, I am lucky in that I can run right out the door.  My complex is 7 miles long and the sidewalks outside help too, but I still get bored to run the same routes.

7 miles done.  These ones were like Flash Gordon fast.  I should stop running while listening to the last 6 miles of the marathon playlist.

I always try to stop listening to a few of my favorites a few weeks before hand, so that it is one more thing to look forward to on race day.

It sounds like you are getting antsy for Chicago!

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I always try to stop listening to a few of my favorites a few weeks before hand, so that it is one more thing to look forward to on race day.

It sounds like you are getting antsy for Chicago!

It's just that everytime I run with those last songs, I end up running super fast runs.

Damaris

Hi dailies:

Step - Lucky 13, hope the car is fixed correctly

Rick - dark and cool, perfect conditions for a run

D - early 5

Schnauzer - good workout

Tom - good on the recovery

Baboon - hooray Friday, good luck!

Oski - that's a horrible time for a meeting

D^2 - poor spiders

Basya - ugh, stay hydrated and get well

Free - wonderful when you just *want* to be out there

Scotty - hope you pass all the tests with flying colors

Burrrn - hmm, that's one way to look at it

OOTB - 1.5? Smile  Three just seems way too long.

Marjorie - a paved oath, would that be uttered by an urban pirate?

jjs - if an ark lands on Pike's Peak, we're in trouble

10 easy in cool, drizzly darkness after a whirlwind day at work.  My email said this today:

"...your entry into the 118th Boston Marathon on Monday, April 21, 2014 has been accepted."

Zelanie

Congrats, Jay!

Hip Redux

*LIKE*

I have a bunch of friends running next year (well, IRL friends I mean :P) - exciting!

"...your entry into the 118th Boston Marathon on Monday, April 21, 2014 has been accepted."