Beginners and Beyond

Monumental Saturdailies (Read 39 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The 4:30 pacer was at Wave 4, where I was.

I thought I was in wave 4, I was like 50 feet back from 4:20 pacer.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The 4:15 pacer was in Wave 4 as well and right behind him was the 4:30.  I never saw the 4:20.

Damn it, we were so close!!!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think the Hoka CarbonX are too stiff for my legs and 5+ hours.  It's the second marathon I feel like a truck ramming me over my lower back and quads and hips DURING the race.  Going back to my Cliftons for Goofy to check if my hypothesis is true.

Damaris

LRB

delicate flower

Congrats D & FS!

Congratulations FS and DR.

I agree with all of these people.

Good luck tomorrow, whiskers!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck Whiskers!  Hoping it cools down!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The 4:15 pacer was in Wave 4 as well and right behind him was the 4:30.  I never saw the 4:20.

Damn it, we were so close!!!

Damn it! I was looking for a chick dressed in Ink n Burn lol. I crossed the start at like 8:15, you?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Somewhere around there as well, gah.

Damaris

Eydawn

Hurray on a finish and a final kick! Way to go!!!

Dude I hit the dark zone HARD!

So I knew from the get go I was gonna aim for a positive split, with all uncertainties I wanted to make sure I felt I gave it my all.... i think i can say with 100% confidence i gave it everything I could.

I didn't PR, unfortunately but i dont care. I didn't have stomach issues and i got to hit the wall 

And somehow I managed a kick at the final .2

Fuck these shoes, seriously... by mile 21 I felt like I was barefoot, I could feel EVERYTHING.

4:48:23

Turtle Speed!

5K PR: 32:32 (Fort Collins Flying Pig 2016)

10K PR: 1:10:48  (Yeti Chase 2016)

Half Marathon PR: 2:54:32 (Yellowstone Half Marathon 2016)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Dang it D.😕

And thanks Eydawn! Oh and looking at my official time on the site - 4:48:16 so 6 seconds behind my debut marathon.

And man it felt like we were constantly running against the wind... it was only 9 mph but still.

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dang it D.😕

And thanks Eydawn! Oh and looking at my official time on the site - 4:48:16 so 6 seconds behind my debut marathon.

And man it felt like we were constantly running against the wind... it was only 9 mph but still.

It wasn't only 9mph.  Winds were 11-15mph with gusts of up to 24mph.  And at points you felt like you were running against a wall.

Damaris

Eydawn

I ran my first race postop and my furthest distance postop today! Solid 4 mile race, finished 50:20 (by my watch, haven't looked up the official results yet.) So... roughly 12:30/pace miles (and my watch said the course was closer to 4.22, which I kind of believe actually given how it felt.) Not the slowest I've ever been, by far! :-) 

Woohoo! I'm back at it! And it felt great- much better than coming back post appy or post c-section (I had my gallbladder out mid September.) I didn't have any internal surgical site pain or weirdness. Also trialed some new fuel- clif margarita shot bloks (mostly  loaded up on those pre race) and some caffeinated sport beans. I struggle to drink gatorade or liquid electrolyte without my stomach staging a revolt, so gummies/beans it is, seems to be much better for me overall. I definitely felt a difference when I took some of the beans mid-race. I'm still learning to fuel overall. Also had some R foot pain but it eventually sorted itself out.

I'm happily burger'd and beer'd and going to pass out on the couch with the kidlet. I worked until 0130 and had to be back for a CISD (critical incident stress debriefing) as a peer at 0900, and the race was at 1430. 

Congratulations to the folks who finished a marathon today- FreeSoul and DocketRocket! Well done! 

Turtle Speed!

5K PR: 32:32 (Fort Collins Flying Pig 2016)

10K PR: 1:10:48  (Yeti Chase 2016)

Half Marathon PR: 2:54:32 (Yellowstone Half Marathon 2016)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats!  We also went for burgers and beers this afternoon. Big grin

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It wasn't only 9mph.  Winds were 11-15mph with gusts of up to 24mph.  And at points you felt like you were running against a wall.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one feeling that, my stupid garmin instinct....

That's great Eydawn!

PRs

KCRuns

Congrats FS, Docket & Eydawn on great races today!

I ran/walked 16 with my SIL today. Towards the end it was all walking and talking and having a nice morning together. She has a marathon next month and I was trying to keep her company. I have quite a bit of work to do to get back my fitness and endurance.