Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Mondailies!! (Read 8 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Good morning, Penguins!!  Just read through the thread about MothAudio, which was sad.  Between y'all, me, and the lamppost, the Penguins befuddled and annoyed Moth.  He said to me on more than one PM, "If you can't run a 10 minute mile, you're much better off just walking until you can."  So TBH, I didn't have much use for him as a cheerleader of my own particular type of (non)running.  But it's all good, he was good people and helped a lot of people out, and he will be missed.

AFM, I really need to get this damn talk pulled together, as I leave for Maryland on Wednesday and give the talk on Thursday.  Yeah, it's probably time to quit procrastinating ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Took today off work and I have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.

HopesMom, I still remember he was one of those that didn't want me running marathons and wanted me to get faster at other distances before I attempted.  39 marathons later, and I still disagree.  LOL.  Good luck with the talk.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, that makes me laugh!

GinnyinPA

HM - what is your talk on? Where are you giving it?

D - enjoy your light day. Why did you take today off? Any fun plans?

AFM:  hot and humid here, so if I do anything it will probably be on the TM or the exercise bike.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

HM - what is your talk on? Where are you giving it?

D - enjoy your light day. Why did you take today off? Any fun plans?

AFM:  hot and humid here, so if I do anything it will probably be on the TM or the exercise bike.

Took it off because I was supposed to go to the NKOTB concert last night and I wanted to sleep in, but my friend and I ended up not going (she is dealing with a cat with stomach cancer and was in no mood and she told me to use the tickets, but I really didn't want to go without her).  So, I ran my 16 last night instead.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

"Life Is Never Dull:  Adventures in Running a Mass Spectrometry Core Facility".  It'll be at a company facility in Maryland.  Probably not a big seminar, maybe 20 people or so.  Should be fun -- I don't think many of the folks there will have heard this perspective, the one of "you must run a million different types of samples prepared by a million different users and you rarely know whether or not they worked."

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Hey y'all! Long time no see.

I remember back in the day, the idea that I was planning a marathon did not make Moth happy. Afterwards, I made a long post explaining why I did it. It was for personal reasons that had nothing to do with time. He did congratulate me on the finish. Smile

GinnyinPA

I ended up with 6.5 on the TM. As soon as I finished the temperature dropped outdoors by about 10 degrees. Humidity was still high, but I would have been okay with 80 and DP of 70.  Oh well. I got my miles done.