Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES! (Read 39 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

onemile have you seen the newest forecast for Indy Saturday? Someone on the RW Marathons forum said that the wind is expected to be around 18 mph and around 29 degrees with a windchill of 18.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

See, Dave?  I didn't talk for like 2 pages as they were talking about a topic very foreign to me.  It was 82F during my run tonight and that's cold for here. 

My 6 and weights sucked.  I forgot to use my albuterol and I really need it lately.

Damaris

DavePNW

onemile have you seen the newest forecast for Indy Saturday? Someone on the RW Marathons forum said that the wind is expected to be around 18 mph and around 29 degrees with a windchill of 18.

You should try weather.com.

Do your feet really get cold? I wear the same socks year round, my feet only get cold when I'm running through slush. I'd think you'd want to go with the shoe/sock combo that worked for LR's in training.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You should try weather.com.

Do your feet really get cold? I wear the same socks year round, my feet only get cold when I'm running through slush. I'd think you'd want to go with the shoe/sock combo that worked for LR's in training.

weather.gov is more accurate than weather.com, IMO.

Damaris

DavePNW

See, Dave?  I didn't talk for like 2 pages 

New record! (Except when you're running a marathon.)

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

New record! (Except when you're running a marathon.)

I think you have me confused with Andrea?

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Eh, I think I have poor circulation in my feet  so I really don't know what they feel like, but when I rub them up against hubby at night he screams because they're freezing cold. You guys are about to see a major freak out though, every summer I forget what winter felt like, all the layering I had to do, and usually nature is nice enough to give me a few days to get back in the swing of it... but oh no, not for my first 26.2   (and no this isn't really about the feet now) but at least I have all 3 pairs of gloves - my thin ones for style and things between 30-45, my really thick ones for those 10below temps and then my perfectly inbetweeners which I am not sure if I can successfully unzip my back pocket and pull out one of 3 gu's without dropping it or slowing down.... of course I could pull one glove off,.

This is complete utter BULLSHIT, my training did not have any of these needs involved.... I am more prepared for a humid hot marathon then I am for a freaking cold marathon. But I have to go bitch somewhere else because I know a lot of people here are sick of hearing about it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

By the way, my bib number is 2813... they don't go by first come first serve??? Because I registered at midnight Indy time (11 PM Evansville time) and I was hoping for a low number 

PRs

B-Plus

I have those microspikes. I used them once.

DavePNW

I think you have me confused with Andrea?

OK now I remember which one is Andrea.

Dave

onemile

By the way, my bib number is 2813... they don't go by first come first serve??? Because I registered at midnight Indy time (11 PM Evansville time) and I was hoping for a low number 

I got 791 and I registered in May.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got 791 and I registered in May.

well damn it....they must go backwards.....or something

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

well damn it....they must go backwards.....or something

Most races have no rhyme or reason for the bib numbers.

Damaris

You Rang?

Three miles on a hotel treadmill after walking around the National Mall/Smithsonian Institution all day.  It felt ok.  I'll run outside tomorrow.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

DavePNW

Most races have no rhyme or reason for the bib numbers.

Don't some of them correlate to corral placement?

Dave