Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Sunday Sunday! (Read 37 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

No dailies thread yet, which means everyone is still sleeping, and I approve of that.  Even by my own high standards, last night's 11 hours of sleep was awesome.  I needed that.  Busy day of chores planned, plus an easy 5-6 mile run on the schedule.  I got my run schedule for next week and I'll be back into the 60's where I belong.  

Speak up now.  Cat got your tongue?

<3

happylily

11 hours of sleep? Holy cow! How is that even possible? You are worse than a newborn, Baboon.  But you deserve it, with all the training that you do.

I have 20 miles today, including as many as I can at MP, and my legs are like friggin' jelly at the moment. Running is stupid... Or rather, I should say training is stupid. Okay, okay... you're right, *I'm* stupid. Yeah, that's it.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

DavePNW

Even by my own high standards, last night's 11 hours of sleep was awesome.  

I got about 7.5 last night, and it was glorious. Some kind of LR for me once I get moving.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hey now, I just got back from my 16 mile run dang it. I've been up since 3:35 AM 

Starting out, I really didn't think this run was going to happen. I was sore and tired and my legs felt weakish, and even though it was 70 degrees, and a DP of 69, humidity was 94% and there was no breeze, the first hour sucked balls.

But you know what, I finished it and got some pics that make suffering these runs worth it (in my area).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 total, including  5k in 27:30 or so. At least today I have s good reason  excuse for the 1:30 positive split. Mile 1 all downhill, 8:18, mile 2, half downhill, then up 8:42, mile 3, all uphill 9:22, final kick 8:22 pace. I don't think I got passed much in the last mile, so it was hard for everyone.

happylily

Hey now, I just got back from my 16 mile run dang it. I've been up since 3:35 AM 

Starting out, I really didn't think this run was going to happen. I was sore and tired and my legs felt weakish, and even though it was 70 degrees, and a DP of 69, humidity was 94% and there was no breeze, the first hour sucked balls.

But you know what, I finished it and got some pics that make suffering these runs worth it (in my area).

Beautiful, Andrea! Wow! And great job with the miles!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

'Sup, crew.

I ran 10 miles this morning, including 24 laps at the track geezus.

cjones1

Rest day. 9.5 hours of sleep last night. Felt gooood.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

After my last two quality workouts I am not sure which is worse; to physically run 1000 meter intervals at VO2 max effort, or to mentally run steady state at marathon pace. FFS.

Baboon

delicate flower

11 hours of sleep? Holy cow! How is that even possible? 

I didn't sleep well Friday night, which helped.  In bed and asleep before 9:00 last night, up at 8:00 this morning.  I could have slept more but was conscious of the fact that I had just slept 11 hours, so I got up.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thank Lily, and good luck on the 20 miles today. Even Indiana can have some amazing scenery when in the "Golden Hours", luckily I run during those hours 

11 hours of sleep, 7.5 hours of sleep... I do not know what you guys are talking about, I'm lucky if I can get 5 hours.   

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

'Sup, crew.

I ran 10 miles this morning, including 24 laps at the track geezus.

Nice. Do you always do MP at the track?

I think I am going to do mine there today too. Easy access to water and a nice flat even, uninterrupted surface.

LRB

11 hours of sleep, 7.5 hours of sleep... I do not know what you guys are talking about, I'm lucky if I can get 5 hours FFS.

Little Blue

Good morning!  7.1 on the rail trail.  Overcast and 68+66, so cool but drippy.  Sun is out now, so time to get some stuff done outside.  Enjoy your Sunday!

LRB

Nice. Do you always do MP at the track?

I think I am going to do mine there today too. Easy access to water and a nice flat even, uninterrupted surface.

Usually only if it is a precursor to some type of interval run like 3 E + 3 MP + 3 x 1 T or something like that.

Today was essentially a race against the sun and heat, where I can run out my front door and be at the track in less than 30 minutes including a 3 mile warmup. While to run at the trail or the park is at least a 40 minute drive before I take my first step.

That said I do not mind it at all, it's just the monotony of the stupid thing that wears on my feeble brain.

I thus have much respect for the peeps here who can tick them bitches off like they are eating jelly beans!