Beginners and Beyond

Basic Math ThursDAILIES (Read 42 times)

Zelanie

It could also be that the first 4-5 on a TM always suck but that's the least of your concerns once you've run 20.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

George, embrace the TM, and FTS.

That would probably involve joining Planet Fitness. Is that a good idea?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

onemile

This is true. I went 7 today and my head didn't explode. This was coming after two days of 6 and 6 which were much tougher mentally.

To me it's like doing long runs. The first few 18-20 are rough and then you kind of become numb to it

onemile

That would probably involve joining Planet Fitness. Is that a good idea?

As long as you're not a lunk

Baboon

delicate flower

Holy hell is work busy.  I am just now coming up for air!  I skipped my optional swim this morning.  DW has a scheduled rest week and I felt bad waking her up at 5:15 the last three mornings (when I get up, the dog gets up, and so the wife gets up).  So, we slept in today.  Between not working out last night and this morning, it kind of feels like I had a rest day.  Spin session tonight!

Not looking good for my 10K Saturday due to 4-6" of snow.  If I was racing to race, I'd go ahead and race in the bad weather.  I'm racing for a fitness test though, so I see no value in doing it in bad weather.  I'll keep an eye on things though...maybe it'll miss us.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Right now doing 6 on the TM feels interminable, but last winter I did two 20s and didn't actually mind. I hope I don't get that used to the TM this year, but given how the winter is starting out, I may.

Unfortunately, I am to the point where running outside is a luxury, so sometimes outside feels weird, but TM does not.  Although, the TM felt hard when I got back to it two weeks ago after three weeks with good outside weather.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did a run/walk on the San Antonio Riverwalk after work yesterday.  The Riverwalk is great at night because it is always lit up all year round.  And for the holiday season, all the holiday lights are put up along the whole Riverwalk so makes for a very pleasant run.   I  ended up with a very nice and easy and enjoyable 3.1 miles.     The temp was a pleasant 63 degrees.  Enjoyed that.   Later on Wednesday we had a 'cold front' move in - really windy, temps dropped into the upper 30s, low 40s, and it is still darn chilly today.  Then tomorrow, that stuff gets 'blown out' and we will be almost up to 80 degrees by Saturday afternoon....crazy darn Texas weather in the San Antonio region...this is why a lot of people get the colds, coughs, and sniffles around here...dang weather keeps going back-and-forth about every 2-3 days or so, your body never has time to adjust.  Oh well, it still beats Minnesota Blizzard weather.

And today is my 'Friday', as I am off tomorrow, yay.  Gonna take a rest day, and then run tomorrow, do a race on Saturday, and then run again on Sunday.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

7 degrees F + 14 MPH winds = insulate your nuts. lol

good lord...you run in that stuff?

The coldest I ran was in Ohio, when I was there during my Air Force days.  It was about 10 degrees with a wind chill of I don't know what.  I was so wrapped up, I was surprised I could even run, lol.   A winter run once in a while can be exhilarating...but I really don't miss it.  Glad I live where we have pretty mild weather for the majority of the year - - now if that 3 months of Texas summer would just cool down a bit, it would be perfect.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I hate wind with a passion, ugh.

Lifted, did burpees and the plank challenge. All after Pilates. I'll be laying on my sofa the whole night.  Maybe I can hire a bartender tonight.

Damaris

Zelanie

I ran 4 outside in the snow and slush with the dogs.  Effort wise, it felt a little bit like running on the beach.  It was nice to get outside, and my trail shoes worked really well.

onemile

I ran 5. Quad was fine but my left hip flexor was really tight

DavePNW

I suppose your bionic undies are of no use out there? 

Heh, you remember. I am still wearing them anytime I am running in pants, so roughly low 30's & below. Just cuz I gotta wear something.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body weights. At least the wind is dying down. And tomorrow night into Saturday, we get a little of everything--snow to freezing rain to rain. Then up near 60 Sunday morning with rain, then falling temps and possibly snow late Sunday. WTF.

ETA, just turned on Thursday night football. And here I thought runners wore bright clothing. Can't miss the Seahawks. I wonder if they glow in the dark?

Zelanie

They just cancelled school for tomorrow.  The roads didn't melt and it just hit freezing again, expected to stay that way until late afternoon tomorrow.  Without salt, there's nothing they can do.

So, my winter break apparently started yesterday. 

Sadly, that means the kid is still stuck up in WA and her dorm closes tomorrow at 1.  Chains are still required between there and here, and she has no snow/ice experience.  Luckily we have family in WA.  Hopefully they're in town.

DavePNW

ETA, just turned on Thursday night football. And here I thought runners wore bright clothing. Can't miss the Seahawks. I wonder if they glow in the dark?

Fun evening rush hour commute for some people - local game time is 5:30.  Fortunately I live in the opposite direction.

Dave