Beginners and Beyond

The (Inaugural) Harmonie Trail Half RR (Read 59 times)

LRB

I definitely think I will, I think I might make this my goal early Summer race next year. If I can keep my mileage between 35-45 all winter and pick it up around Spring, I might just register for the marathon distance if they add it next year Smile

Did you just go from getting better at one distance to racing twice that distance in the same paragraph?

Why stop at the marathon? Why not just run the million mile ultra?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Did you just go from getting better at one distance to racing twice that distance in the same paragraph?

Why stop at the marathon? Why not just run the million mile ultra?

Sounds reasonable to me.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yes and no LRB  I said only if I can keep my mileage up or around 40-45 mpw all winter would I think about registering for the marathon distance if they add it lol.

As crazy as it sounds man, I do have a plan going on inside my head  Don't forget, I really, really want to experience my first 50 miler next September (2016) but it all depends on my training this summer for the Monumental Marathon, my recovery through November and then my mileage through Winter and Spring. 

It makes sense in my head  

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Ultra marathons are not for me but I respect and appreciate the desire, effort and sacrifice it takes to train for and race them.

I get it.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ultra marathons are not for me but I respect and appreciate the desire, effort and sacrifice it takes to train for and race them.

I get it.

lol and the insanity.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Congrats!  You don't look like you're dying at all.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Congrats!  You don't look like you're dying at all.

Lol  thanks, to be honest.. as soon as I realized he was taking pics with his phone I tried to fake my feelings so I wouldn't look too horrible 

PRs

you know that feeling when you're out in the middle of the woods and there is no quicker way to get the f*%k out of there but to keep going down the trail.. and all you are craving, thirsting, can think about is ice cold water? A never ending supply of it, I don't mean your usual craving, but that craving deep inside, a want that is felt throughout your entire body and even your soul is craving for that ice clear delicious life-saving liquid????

Yes to all of this. What a great little piece of writing there, Free. I love it!

Congrats on getting it done.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job!

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your trail run, you did great! Yeah, don't you hate on a trail run how some of those roots and rocks just sneak up on you!

Wow, if that is you 'dying' at that aid station, then you must look SUPER hot when you're feeling good and full of energy. 

Wait...since this was a Harmonie race wasn't there any match-making speed-dating going on along the way?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt