Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Speaking of out of shape (Read 30 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles and strength training.

ROS, ugh on the creeps. I'm to the point that I ignore everyone, which usually leads to conversations with friends & neighbors along the lines of "I saw you running on X, I honked & waved, but you didn't wave back". I do at least know DH's close friend's car--so I don't blow off his 6 year old.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I listen to music which is why I rarely hear the assholes but once this truck decided to honk his giant horn while I was crossing in front of him on the crosswalk at a light and I believe I flew, like that creep R Kelly said.

Damaris

Cyberic

I do get comments by "tough guys" in their cars making fun of me running. There's always at least two of them in the vehicle, of course. Not that it is comparable to what RoS was describing. I'm just saying.

Baboon

delicate flower

I do get comments by "tough guys" in their cars making fun of me running. There's always at least two of them in the vehicle, of course. Not that it is comparable to what RoS was describing. I'm just saying.

Based on some constructive feedback I have received from a few local motorists, my running resembles that of a homosexual, whatever that looks like, which is apparently me.

<3

DavePNW

Based on some constructive feedback I have received from a few local motorists, my running resembles that of a homosexual, whatever that looks like, which is apparently me.

I’m guessing that’s not the word they used though.

The only abuse I can ever recall is from cyclists, yelling at me to get off the bike path.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I would have expected you get more feedback when cycling than running.

sdWhiskers

Lol

I have more issues running at my parents' house in rural PA than in San Diego. And I run past probably thousands of cars each morning (who are instead trying to kill me by being distracted) The occasional mentally unstable transient will scream at me but thankfully not too many assholes.

RunningOnSand

The people in cars/trucks bug me for sure. But it's the dudes on bikes that bug me more. Sad I think b/c I feel more threatened.

And I agree with Damaris & Dave in saying that 100% of females have the same story. And honestly, it's bull shit. I know it's nothing new, but enough already. I'm really sorry that you guys get harassed, too. All of it is awful and unnecessary. I think some people are so miserable that they take it out on others.

WC, good idea reporting to the local police. I hadn't thought of that, but I live in a tight community and I think they'd listen and take it seriously.

GinnyinPA

I've never had any problems when running. A few jokes about "Who's chasing you?" but that's it. People in my part of PA seem to be pretty friendly. Of course, being an older female, they may not think I'm worth insulting. We become invisible at some point.

DavePNW

The occasional mentally unstable transient will scream at me 

Ha, oh yeah I’ve gotten that too. I run by some substantial homeless encampments.

Dave