Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 33 times)

GinnyinPA

5 easy with strides. My hamstrings are screaming at me. I'm hoping it's just taper madness.

DavePNW

5 easy with strides. My hamstrings are screaming at me. I'm hoping it's just taper madness.

Should be no problem as long as there are no hills in your next race. lolz.

Dave

Hey Everyone. Been a super busy week with work and the family. I got my HM next weekend so I'm really stoked for that. Taper kinda started already as tomorrow I will be only doing a 10/4 tempo at goal pace. (6:24)  Ran 5mi on Tue, 9mi w 6x800s on Wed, and 5mi yesterday and today.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

onemile

6 miles. It was as slow & achy as usual, but for some reason, mentally I was feeling pretty good. I'll take it.

that's half the battle

onemile

Since the weather is such a large portion of how our runs go, I thought I'd report that this morning (amidst all the mountains of snow we got last weekend), it was 11* with 20+mph winds. FFS.  I know it's normal and everything, but I'm really ready for some 50* temps. Where is spring, dammit?!

okay, I am NOT complaining about the 30 degrees with 20+mph wind and snow flurries I ran in today

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 with 2 x 15 minutes at HM pace. All sorts of wind, but at least it felt like spring, if only for the day. Rain and cold back tonight.  At least we are not getting snow like they were forecasting earlier in the week.

KCRuns, hope the cough gets better. The combo of flu & sinus infection sounds awful.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

7 with 6 strides.  It was 60 and sunny when I got home, but a half hour later when I started running, the clouds had rolled in.  Can't quite catch a break.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

RunningOnSand

okay, I am NOT complaining about the 30 degrees with 20+mph wind and snow flurries I ran in today

IDK. At this point anything that's colder than your typical spring weather just sucks!