Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES have a plan (Read 46 times)

If you decide to go with the ss shirt, will it be with or without a tie?

Totally with the tie.

LRB

Totally with the tie.

I did something like that once but wore pants. It took my legs a week to cool down. Stupid.  

I did something like that once but wore pants. It took my legs a week to cool down. Stupid.  

It was a surprisingly comfortable costume, other than the tie flapping all over the damn place.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm reallly hungry today.

I ordered a new race outfit.  It looks like I'll probably want a singlet for IMM instead of the ss shirt I had planned to wear. 

Which means it's going to be warmer than you thought?

Damaris

Little Blue

I'm reallly hungry today.

I ordered a new race outfit.  It looks like I'll probably want a singlet for IMM instead of the ss shirt I had planned to wear. 

So does ordering clothes keep you from eating?  Like, keeping your hands busy?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So does ordering clothes keep you from eating?  Like, keeping your hands busy?

That will only save her a donut or something.  5 minutes!

Damaris

happylily

Totally with the tie.

Were you dressed as some sort of hipster businessman? Next time, try running while holding up an (open) umbrella! I wonder by how much that would slow you down... But I bet you'd still manage to place. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

It was a surprisingly comfortable costume, other than the tie flapping all over the damn place.

The time I wore a tie I pinned it in place. That particular one I'd wear again if the opportunity presented itself. The other one, not so much. lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

As much as I love how sleek and clean my phone is without the guard, not having one is simply not an option with my clumsy ass. I mean there are times when I go to pick it up or pull it out of my pocket and somehow manage to instead throw it clear across the room. How does that happen??

And why do you call the phone by the model instead of calling it a phone?  

Exactly onemile, and I told him but he hasn't seen it.... but would say tough anyways and I am stuck with it.

Cause some have immediately asked which one so I figure might as well state that my dumbass purchased one of t-mobile's most expensive phones and didn't get a screen protector or warranty  I mean, this isn't my first large screen phone, I think I've gone through 3 since 2010 and they've all gone this way  

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I never buy any warranty or protection but Apple does give you a free phone or a free screen if you break it once a year, so I have never needed it (hubby did).

Damaris

LRB

I rarely buy warranties either. I mean if something I'm buying actually NEEDS a warranty, I'm probably not buying it.

DavePNW

I've never run in a costume; never ran in a Halloween-themed or other costume-oriented race. When I ran the Martian Half Marathon, there was a guy running it in martian costume - full-body skin-tight green man suit, complete with full head/face cover (with alien eyes). That did not look comfortable. Fortunately it was cold out, but I could see the sweat soaking through his mask. Bleah.

Jay needs to run one of these: Mustache Dache.

Dave

happylily

I don't even buy warranty on myself when I race outside of the country. No medical coverage at all. If my SIL knew that, she would blow a gasket. She works in the insurance business.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I've never run in a costume; never ran in a Halloween-themed or other costume-oriented race. When I ran the Martian Half Marathon, there was a guy running it in martian costume - full-body skin-tight green man suit, complete with full head/face cover (with alien eyes). That did not look comfortable. Fortunately it was cold out, but I could see the sweat soaking through his mask. Bleah.

I dressed as Clark Kent/Superman for the downtown turkey trot one year (I did the 10k), it was awesome!

The creativity of people and their costumes was astounding!

Mmmmm...beer

I was thinking about doing Saturday's race in my Deadpool costume, until I tried it on, I got hot just walking around the house, no way I'm running in a full bodysuit that doesn't breathe.  I sweat enough already! lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!